Hello from Fl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Fl

I've never sign up for anything like this before. I'm not sure what to say other than... Like all of you I'm in a LDR. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to go through but worth every minute, month, yr!!! I'm on here more or less for inspiration and support from others who know how hard a LDR is. Other than my boyfriend I don't have anyone in my world that understands. God Bless

The support here is amazing! I feel my relationship has really strengthened since I don't feel so alone (and since I have somewhere new to vent my insecurities!!)

Welcome!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Thank you very much!!

Comment

I totally agree. I was crumbling this AM about not being with my SO and seeing everyone here work through their heart ache and towards their goals is so inspiring. Let these people know everything and they can relate some how. SO REFRESHING. And when they say "i know what your going through" it doesn't make you want to throw a brick at them and say no you dont. lol

Comment

My family loves my boyfriend. Accepts him completely but.... Everyone around me is fussing, 3 yrs together & ya'll aren't married yet! What they fail to understand is yes 3 yrs. But we've only been together in person for 1-2 week visits, once or twice a yr. Its soo hard to be away from him but neither of us can truly afford to move me to KY right now. Phone calls, chat,text, pkgs in the mail are wonderful but this is hard! We were friends before we became a couple, had many trials, God has made us stronger for it. I'm so grateful to have found this site. I don't know how much more my heart can handle can handle of negativity.

Comment

I wasn't sure if anyone else was going to mention God! I found that I have a lot more strength in fighting for this relationship now that he is in it. Marc prays for us on the phone. We have times were we have devotion apart and also devotion together to help with some trials we were both facing. This is totally doable. If you need someone to remind you of the positiveness...stay here. VeroJoon is really awesome for flushing out that kind of stuff. xx

Comment

Originally posted by JennMarcus612 View Post
              I wasn't sure if anyone else was going to mention God! I found that I have a lot more strength in fighting for this relationship now that he is in it. Marc prays for us on the phone. We have times were we have devotion apart and also devotion together to help with some trials we were both facing. This is totally doable. If you need someone to remind you of the positiveness...stay here. VeroJoon is really awesome for flushing out that kind of stuff. xx
              Aww thanks! I'm just dishing out the awesomeness I have received in these forums so far!! (Also I am replying super fast because I am looking for any excuse to procrastinate writing that synopsis I really need to get done today!!)
              First met online: June, 2010
              First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
              Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
              Third visit together: August, 2012
              Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
              Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
              Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
              Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

There's a lot of support to be had from this website. Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome
                  Made it official: 12-01-10
                  First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                  Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome - I'm a FL girl too

Comment

Thanks to all of you!!! When I first commented above it was in my heart to say first and foremost I am a Christian. For whatever reason i didn't. But yes God has been my greatest help through every aspect of my relationship and in my life. My boyfriend is a preacher,we pray over the phone as well!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                          X