Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

Hello everyone,

My name is Michelle. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. Canada and my SO currently lives in Sellersville Pennsylvania. She and I met online through a forum for a TV Show we both love. When we first started our relationship she lived in Atlanta, Georgia but has sinced moved with her family to Pennsylvania, which is WAY closer. Thank god. We have been a couple for 2.5 years now but have known each other for 4+ years. She goes to school and will eventually move to Ottawa, so we can be together.

I have recently found the whole thing more difficult in a way where the unknown is really getting to me. Not knowing when the move will be and I find myself being more jealous. Jealous of people being able to spend time with her when I'm not. (Is that common thing?) So I found myself browsing the net for a "support group" and found this place. It's comforting to know that others know what it's like. My family doesn't quite get it, so I don't really talk to them about it. I guess I just need someone to talk to.

Sorry I could totally ramble on for hours.
    Looking forward to reading your posts and I'm sure this place will help with my worries.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Hi to my fellow Ottawa-ian (Ottawan? Ottawite? What are we, anyways? I noticed you said Ottawan on my intro! so maybe we should go with that!!)

I totally know what you mean about the jealousy! It's not jealousy like I think he will cheat on me, or that he is looking at other girls or anything like that... It's just jealousy that even these strangers that see him at the gas station or supermarket check out, see more of him than I do! I don't feel like that all the time, but sometimes it just hits me! The people that just pass him by on the street have seen him more recently than I did... etc. It's kinda frustrating... He expresses the same type of jealousy towards my cats!! LOL! When we are talking on Skype and one of my cats jump on the bed and rubs itself against me, he'll say how he actually feels jealous that these cats get more of my affection than he does!

This place is amazing for support! Finding so many people going through similar issues, I don't feel quite so crazy anymore... Also, I feel like it's not such an impossible thing for us to be together...

Welcome! Can't wait to get to know you better!

(Oh and btw - you two are so cute in your avatar!!)
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!! I've definitely seen the green monster emerge from the depths once in a while... and not because there's "another girl" or anything, but because he's able to actually spend time with his family/friends. And be WITH them, rather than just texting/video chatting/talking on the phone.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Another from Ontario! Hi! I totally relate to you and the other posters about that jealousy. Being geographically challenged sucks the worst :c

Comment

Oh man, is it ever great to hear that I'm not just going insane! haha Those posts have just made my day. Thank you! I came on here not really knowing what to say or why I was doing it. It felt kinda silly, but it really doesn't now. It's oddly comforting knowing I'm not the only one feeling these things. Like you said, I'm not jealous of her being with someone else like cheating, I trust her 100%. Like yesterday she told me she needs to go out and make friends. She just moved to a new town so I get it. But it totally made me sad oddly enough and she felt hurt that I wasn't "happy" for her and that sucked cause it's not what I intended to do. I don't want to be like that. So I guess I'm looking for an "outlet". A place with other people that get what I'm going through...and perhaps I've just found it!

I can totally relate to the cat thing verojoon! I see her dog cuddle her and I'm like "Hey! that's MY spot". It's silly isn't it? lol
          FYI: I'm the one on the right in my pic! hehe

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."

Comment

I think the jealousy thing is completely normal. My SO will talk about his day at work and how he spent 30 minutes helping a client or something along that nature and for a brief second I will be all "I wonder if this client knows what I would give for 30 minutes of face to face time." Haha. We are only human after all, it is bound to happen.

These boards are an amazing place for support and advice! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                      X