Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Great (Soon To Be) White North!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Great (Soon To Be) White North!

Hello, everyone!

So, I've been a long time lurker of LFAD. It has really helped me a lot over the years, especially through the rough patches that I'm sure all of you have experienced at one point or another. It is also incredibly relieving to know that there are others out there in my same situation because sometimes it is difficult for friends or family to understand what my situation is like, or what I'm going through.

Anyways, despite being a lurker for a long time, I only just officially joined the community. I'm very excited that I'm finally part of the forum.

So, a little about me and my situation... My SO and I met online almost eleven years ago, and we just had our six year anniversary at the end of August! He lives in England, and I live in Ontario, Canada. That puts a five hour difference between us. It has been rough, but totally worth it! Things have gotten easier the last few years because we now see each other about twice a year. It isn't much, but it is better than nothing and it is usually for at least a month at a time, though during the summer it is usually for three or four months.

So yeah, that is a little introduction of me and my long distance relationship! Can't wait to get to know some of you!

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks, rixue!

Comment

Hi! Welcome! I'm from Ontario, too

Comment

Thanks, BellaJedi!

Haha, you don't say! Small word -- scratch that -- small internet. :P

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! And "wow" to 6 years of long distance!!!

Comment

welcome to the forums!

Comment

Hi and Welcome to de-lurkdom! (Also from Ontario!)
                First met online: June, 2010
                First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Third visit together: August, 2012
                Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Welcome

And kudos to maintaining a 6 year LDR!

Comment

Welcome (officially!) to LFAD! So great to see that you took the "leap" to join us.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Awww, thank you, everyone! You're all so welcoming, and lovely!

Comment

Welcome! I just joined too and also from Ontario!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                        Married April 18th, 2015!!
                        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Hey hey Welcome!
                          Even though we already had the pleasure in another thread! Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything

Comment

Mims27: Well, then I shall also extend a welcome to you! Haha! Gee, so many Ontarians here!

SoFarAway: Haha, true! But many thanks, nonetheless! Will do!

Comment

Welcome fellow Canuck and Ontarian! My boy is in the UK as well
                              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
                              X