Newbie Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Intro

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this community where I can relate with others. I met my BF online about a year ago, unintended. I'm in the US and he's in Lebanon. Both of us have what you could say is an 'acquired taste' personality, so we immediately clicked. He's never been here before but has applied for a visa and his interview is in a few weeks. We plan to marry after, assuming all goes well with the visit. We're both losing our minds right now, to say the least, about the visa approval. He will keep applying of course, but it's rather expensive with his income. I guess that's it for now and I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Welcome! I hope all works out well for the 2 of you!
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Wow! Sounds like you have a fascinating story!! We have a very large Lebanese community here in Ottawa and I just love the food!! lol funny how I see the word Lebanon and I get hungry!

Welcome to LFAD! and Good Luck with everything!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Welcome! My SO and I also met.."unintended" like you described. so I'm glad it's working out for you too! I couldn't imagine the process of the whole applying for a visa thing, that right there has to make you lose your mind! Good luck with everything! :]
        Met/First Date: October 18, 2013
        First Kiss: October 18, 2013
        We Fell in Love: November 2013
        First Visit To See Him in TX: November 15-17 2013
        His Recent Visit To PA: October 18-20 2013

LOVE > DISTANCE

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
            Wow! Sounds like you have a fascinating story!! We have a very large Lebanese community here in Ottawa and I just love the food!! lol funny how I see the word Lebanon and I get hungry!

>>LOL

Welcome to LFAD and good luck with your wedding plans!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

welcome to LFAD..goodluck with the visa

not to be random but ever since i read he was from lebanon i keep thinking lebanese bread and how much i would love some right now

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Hope things work out well for the both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post

LOL! I don't want to completely give myself away for Google to index, but I live in the largest concentrated area of Arabs outside of the middle east so I definitely hear you. I just love it! Oddly enough though, he's pretty "Americanized" and doesn't like it much lol Should be interesting.

But thank you everyone and sorry it took so long for a reply from me. Remodeling took over my life recently

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                      X