Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy y'all :-)

Hey everyone,
    Name's Cynthia and I'm new here. I've been in an LDR for 5 months. I'm a newbie. But I need advice on how to keep someone motivated to close the distance. Also, need advice on migration laws and visas. I'm in America and my <3 is in Egypt. Sooooo....any advice guys and dolls?

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome and hello

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Hey

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
          Second visit scheduled May 2013
          Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Hi ladies, I'm Sarah I have been in a LDR for 3 months now. Like Cynthia my SO is also living in Egypt.

We met while I was on holidays in Egypt and spent a few days together, then I travelled on to to Israel and Jordan alone for 2 weeks. I had over a week to spare with my trip so went back and spent the rest of my holiday with him <3 I am hoping to go back and visit him in March or June (after he finishes uni).

Even though this is so new we are already making plans for the future. We don't see a point in starting a LDR unless a rough plan and timeframe is in place to close the distance. I would prefer him to come to Australia due to the ability for us to have better financial stability for our future.

But because I have only heard bad things about the process of Egyptians trying to get a visa approved for Australia our back up plan is for me to move to Egypt once we get married- yes crazy, we have already discussed this. (we actually signed an Orfi in Egypt on our last day together. Like an unregistered marriage document. Now to be legally married we just take this to be registered on one of my visits to Egypt I'n the future.)

I have read a lot of information which sounds like I won't have many issues In getting a well paid job in Egypt due to my profession, but because there is slow economy there, he may have more trouble than me even though he's studying law!

This whole whirlwind romance still blows my mind but I have never met someone as intelligent, wonderful and caring as him
            EGYPT's GOT TALENT

Comment

Working...
            X