Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly new, but back in action

Hello everyone!

I'm not exactly new. I've been a member for quite some time and I've been in an LDR for almost four years. I wanted to reintroduce myself, because I used to use this site a lot when my relationship was difficult or I was doubting myself or my man. Everyone here has always been wonderfully supportive and amazing and I eventually came to a point where I didn't need this support anymore, because things with Erik have been absolutely wonderful and they just keep getting better. That's not to say we don't have our moments, but we've become really good at dealing with tough issues and working through our problems. So I drifted away from this site with a new found confidence in myself and my relationship. I'm realizing now that all the support I received here really helped me to get where I am now and even though I don't need the support like I used to, some of you may still need that hope.

So I'm back to share my happiness and my successes and my struggles and losses. Think of me as a flying buttress of support! The long distance aspect of my relationship is one of the most special parts of it and it is a big part of what makes my relationship so wonderful. I always do what I can to encourage long distance relationships, because I know that so many people doubt and disrespect them. Distance is a beautiful creator of love and affection. I revel in there being such a large and wonderful community of people who know that and I hope to remain a part of it.

So in case you were interested the little about me part of life:

My name is Stacy and I'm a senior in undergrad. In May I will be graduating with my bachelors in English with minors in Theater and Linguistics. The following year I will graduate with my Masters in Teaching and I will go on to teach from there. My SO, Erik, and I have been together of four years (next month) and it hasn't always been easy, but it has been worth it. We started dating my senior year of high school with me in Virginia and him in Delaware. We've continued to date even though I got further away with school and we plan to move in together and finally close the distance this May.

I suppose that's all I wanted to say- perhaps more than I intended.

Hi Stacy. I am new here, but welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
      X