New around here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New around here!

Looks like I've finally found a place where I can talk to people who understand my situation (at least to some extent). Call me Kimmi. (: I have a girlfriend of almost 2 years. We met in High School where we saw each other every day, I'm one year older so I went to a local university and managed to see her often still, and now she's at a university about an hour's drive away (on a good traffic day of course). Though I know many of you have much longer distances, I hope you understand that with a part time job and being a full time student (and with gas costing what it does) it is no easy task to see her all the time. I was hoping to find some new ideas and maybe get some advice when it feels like the distance might break us, so that's how I found this place! Can't wait to see what this great looking place has to offer. (:

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hi Kimmi!
      I have to admit I'm a little jealous that you and your girlfriend are so 'close', but being a student myself, I also understand how hard it is to make time and money for travelling.
      For when you do have time to see each other, two things that my best friend does (her bf lives 1.5 hours away) is checking out carpool options (you may have local websites for that) and putting up with public transport every so often.
      For when you don't have time to see each other, my recommendation would be to make sure that you still let her know that you're thinking of her by shooting her the occasional text and sending her (funny) picture of things that you feel like you would have pointed out to her had you been together.
      And when me and my SO feel like the distance is just getting too much, we like talking about some of the memories we have of each other. It brings back pleasant thoughts and helps to remind us why we're hanging in there.
      Best of luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi Kimmi! Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Kimmi!
            sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment