Simply, hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply, hello.

I'm new to the board, and I thought I'd share my story really fast!
    Well, my name is Katie and I've had my share of relationships in the past. Some good, some bad, none "the one". Three years ago, I gave my life to Christ, and with that I gave all of my heart. I decided I would never date again, but I felt the wise way to guard and take care of my heart would be to participate in the act of courtship. I believe in only dating someone I have interest in marrying, and only marrying someone I have put a lot of prayer into.
    Well, in short, 5 months ago I met Travis on Facebook through quite a few mutual friends. He is a wonderful, blue-eyed Canadian gentleman with a heart sold out for Christ, and a life calling of reaching out to the sick, poor, and widowed. We've steadily spoken to each other through phone calls, Skype, text messages, and Facebook. Over the months we began to develop significant feelings for one another, and began praying about the idea of beginning a courtship after we meet face to face. A few weeks ago, after many hours of prayer over the process of 5 months, he confessed to me that he believes that I could be the one God has for him. He tells me I'm everything he wants in a woman, and he truly believes he could spend the rest of his life with me and be fully happy. We've both concluded that we feel marriage is in our future some time.
    Of course, the final decision won't be made until after many meetings, and time spent together.
    Currently, he's planning his first trip down to see me and attend my church, which is the original reason we met. He used to download my churches podcasts and loves my pastors sermons.

My obstacle? The entire United States of America rests between the man I truly believe I will marry one day, and myself. I'm a good ole Texas girl, and he's a nature loving Canadian boy. Haha, I guess you could say this is all a little crazy. But, I've always enjoyed living my life on the edge, and having adventures! I feel like I've finally found my love story. =]
    Nice to meet you all.
    -Katie

Welcome to LFAD!
    "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
    "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
    "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome.
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yay! Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome, this place is great for advice and knowing you aren't alone

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you two share a passionate love for your faith, that's always important because it gives you both something to talk about and be heavily involved in while holding hands.

Comment

Welcome...I love your story...thanks for sharing. Keep the Faith...
                Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I'm pretty sure you're not the only Texas-Canada pair in here

Comment

Welcome to the forum my guy is Canadian too ^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X