Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

Not sure where to start, so I guess the middle will work...
    My bf lives in Nevada and I am in Pennsylvania, only a days worth of travel time and a mere 2800 miles apart. We have been together, this time, for 4 months. He came out to visit me at the end of May and I am going to visit him at the end of August.

Guess now is a good time to go back to the beginning...
    we met and dated 25 years ago when I was 17 and he was 22, btw we were introduced by his mom who was and is a very good friend of mine. Life however has a mind of its own and for various reasons we drifted apart but for whatever reason neither one of us has ever forgotten the other. Back in March I reconnected with his mom and 10 minutes into our first conversation she tells me where he is, what he is doing and gave me his phone number cause 'he is always asking about me'.

OMG really...could it even be possible that the man I have loved and thought about all these years, the ONE that got away, could feel the same way about me!!!

So I summoned up my courage and called him....two and a half hours later, still in shock and feeling 17 all over again, we hung up the phone promising to call each other later that night. We have not stopped talking since on via phone, email, text, video and skype. We have 25 years to catch up on and after only 4 months I can truly say that this is the most intimate, honest and open relationship either of us have ever had.

Present day life...
    So why, you ask, have I not moved out there to be with him already? Well, I am still a little raw from my 15 year abusive marriage that ended not long before this relationship began. We both want to give us time to get to know each other again, I need some more time to heal and also we both also have children, an 8 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. The kids have been through a lot in the past year or two, a whole lot, and we want to make sure we are considerate of them. It is not just about us.

Well that's my story, so here I am hoping to connect with people who understand what this LDR thing is all about and searching for support and friendship.

Wow, what an amazing story. Welcome to LFAD! And I'm glad you two are thinking about everyone and not just each other, I imagine it's hard to move somewhere new, much less date, when you have children to consider.

Comment

Welcome! What a great story - it's nice to meet you

Comment

Welcome! I'm glad you guys found each other again.
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

What a great story!! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to LFAD! See you around!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
            "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
            "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
            "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome : )

Comment

Working...
              X