Hello from Canada! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada! :)

I suppose I am new here and I just wanted to introduce myself.

My boyfriend just left today to go back to Australia for an undetermined amount of time. Its been a long and testing day, but I'm so glad to have found this forum and reading some of the posts have really given me hope. We are going to attempt the long distance thing, I mean why wouldn't we? Love knows no distance right? We did a month apart earlier in our relationship but we were only a few provinces away.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone else has some sort of similar situation (SO in Australia) I was wondering how you deal with the 16 hr (for me at least) time difference? I think that's what I'm most scared of. Also does anyone have any experience with an Australian company online with which you can order gifts to be mailed straight to your SO? Baked goods would be fun but anything really. I see tons of sites for the US and Canada but haven't come across any for Australia.

I live down in New Zealand (but I'm Australian), and I'm in a LDR with someone in Canada. Welcome to the site! We have a few Canada-Aussie couples here!

Comment

Hello fellow Canadian!! Welcome to LFAD!!
      Where abouts are you from?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Welcome! I'm fairly new myself, joined yesterday and am also from Canada! It's always a pleasure to see a fellow Canadian online! This site is pretty awesome!

Comment

Welcome!
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks for all the welcoming messages! This seems like such a supportive and wonderful community! It sure has made day one apart a lot easier!

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              Hello fellow Canadian!! Welcome to LFAD!!
              Where abouts are you from?
              Im on the east coast of Canada in New Brunswick!

Comment

Welcome!

I'm not too sure about Australian companies that mail baked goods.

Comment

Welcome! My SO is in Australia too I've looked for sites like that but couldn't find much. Where in Australia is he?

Met online: 1/30/11
                  Met in person: 5/30/12
                  Second visit: 9/12/12
                  Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Welcome welcome... My SO is from Canada. SO its good to see a canadian
                    We have 12 hours time difference its difficult to manage but its worth it

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
                        Welcome! My SO is in Australia too I've looked for sites like that but couldn't find much. Where in Australia is he?
                        He's in Melbourne too actually! How funny is that. Well i guess it is a huge city but still! Have you gone to see your SO in melbourne?

Comment

Welcome! I'm from Canada too, but living in the UK at the moment

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Welcome! Also canadian (but lived for a year in Melbourne). I'm sure you can find a local business near him where you can order online and they'll deliver to his door.

EDIT: I see at least one good looking option (here) but it depends on your price and how much shippping works out to be (check the FAQ). I've got an aunt over there I'd love to send something too, so I'm glad you gave me the idea to look it up! They say they accept overseas customers, but I'd e-mail them to be 100% sure.
                            Last edited by CanadianGirl; November 30, 2012, 11:15 AM.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
                              EDIT: I see at least one good looking option here but it depends on your price and how much shippping works out to be (check the FAQ). I've got an aunt over there I'd love to send something too, so I'm glad you gave me the idea to look it up! They say they accept overseas customers, but I'd e-mail them to be 100% sure.
                              Thanks so much I'm checking it out right now!

Comment

Working...
                              X