New to this site and LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site and LDR

Hey everyone!!! I'm new here. I met my boyfriend 2 months ago (soooo.. very new relationship still) while we were both at a military school. We started seeing each other half way through the school and just were looking for some fun.. but it ended up being way more than that. We both fell hard and now here we are.. I'm in Alabama and he is in Chicago. So far it's good, but it's still very new so I am looking for some support and guidance through this to keep it that way!! I have been in 1 LDR before... I was a teenager, though, so that was a long time ago LOL. With that guy we stayed a couple for about a year and a half... but neither of us were going to be moving or anything and we moved on but remain friends to this day and I had decided I never wanted to do a LDR again.. HAHA.. This guy now, though... I'm head over heels for. Didn't think this was going to happen, but here I am and I'm glad I found this site. I'll have to tell him about it, too.
    Last edited by SouthernBelle82; December 6, 2012, 02:21 PM.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I'm sure you will find lots of support as I sure did! I also didn't have any intentions of being in a LDR and alas I find myself in one as well! Let me know if I can do anything to help Be sure to keep us updated on the good parts and the hard parts!

Comment

Thank you! So far it's working pretty well.. we are both very busy people and he just started a new job up there. He started a game with me yesterday... sending 5-10 random questions about each other a day. It's been fun so far... kinda a new level of getting to know each other without the physical part being in the way. His thought was to get that out of the way so when we are together we can just focus on each other as we are right then when we get to be together again. I'm interested in more fun ideas for LDRs and that's how I found this site! So glad I did! THank you for the welcome!!!

Comment

First met: Jan 2013
          Started dating: 3/13/13

Comment

Welcome! The getting to know each other is so intense in a LDR! I met my bf from a distance, and when we met in person for the first time, I could even order for him at the restaurant I knew him so well!
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Hi there. Welcome to LFAD. Another here who swore she would never get into another LDR and now I'm engaged to a man who lives the furthest away from me that I've ever dated. lol. You will find lots of great information and support here.

Comment

Wonderful :-) I can't wait to get to know everyone. I told him about the site last night.. he's going to try to get on here and check it out soon :-) He's busy busy this week with his new job. He's not completely settled in to his new town yet... still living in hotels which sucks.. he's going home to WI this weekend and seeing his kids <3 (which I love.. he's an awesome dad). But, he's awesome about reminding me that he loves me even when he's ridiculously busy.
                Last edited by SouthernBelle82; December 7, 2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Welcome to LFDR! I absolutely love this site. It's such a great support system and a great way to get advice when you can't talk about your relationship problems with your other friends because they really just don't understand. I wish you the best of luck with your new relationship!

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Originally posted by rach92g View Post
                      Welcome to LFDR! !
                      Wow! You can see what History class has done to me (FDR) haha I meant LFAD!

Comment

welcome, looking forward to seeing you around!

Comment

Working...
                        X