Howdy *tips hat*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy *tips hat*

I'll go by my regular online handle of SquirrellyOtter here, you can abbreviate it to Squirrelly or Otter.

Let's start with an easy copy-pasta of the profile bio:

I'm pretty much your stereotypical supernerd. I enjoy playing video games, music, laughing hysterically, and reading big thick fantasy novels. I'm tall, skinny, and neon-white.
    I've put a lot of challenges in front of myself over the last few years, and even more within the past few months, and even more are still to come. They have, are, and will continue to force me to mature. I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything.
    And I'm head over heels in love with my perfect other half. Seriously, she could not be more perfect if God made her to order for me.

My girlfriend lives in a DC suburb and I live in the southwestern corner of Ohio. Being all of three states away (didn't know it was 484 miles till just now ) is really hard on her especially, but we believe we can tough it out.

Before we can, as this community puts it, "close the distance", I need to go back to school and get a degree that will allow me to get the job I need to support her. No offense intended to any feminists out there, but we're both very ok with the old-school idea of "the man works and provides, and the woman stays home and raises the family". That is what we both want to do. The catch is that I'm getting a late start on the school bit after dropping/failing out three years ago, so I basically have to start over... Being apart for the last five months (visited each other twice) hasn't been easy, so you'll pardon me if I'm apprehensive about have to stay apart another four freaking years...

Anyways. Sorry I rambled and got depressive, I actually am a generally happy guy in person who just tends to get serious while he writes. (One of them symptoms of being a chronic supernerd I think. Hee hee.)

I kinda wonder if she'll see this, but I want to thank Michelle for creating this blog and forum; I discovered it last night and my girl and I had a lot of fun looking over the list of games and things to do together. I hope my relationship can continue be strengthened with the ideas and wisdom she and you all have to share. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

SquirrellyOtter

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find lots of advice here, it helps many people to keep going. And there's quite a few other supernerds around here, so I'm sure you'll meet great people.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I'm the not so secretly zany Claire and obviously post around a lot. You'll find that we're a pretty supportive community here through both your ups and your downs. I think one thing to think about is that going to school to get your degree isn't a guarantee you'll be separated from her for another x-years, because transferring is always an option (even if it doesn't seem like it immediately), not to mention that four years, however long a stretch it might feel, is a really small blip in comparison to the rest of your lives and puts a better future in place for you both. Never hesitate to ask for help here, Squirrel. Welcome to the community!

Comment

Welcome fellow nerd! I'm sure you'l find this place just as awesome as we have

Comment

Welcome to the LFAD forum mate, I hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

welcome

First met: Jan 2013
            Started dating: 3/13/13

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

welcome mate! if your finding it tough then this place will definitely help!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                  2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                  3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                  4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                  5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                  6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                  7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                  Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                  UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Welcome Nice hat btw

Comment

Working...
                    X