I'm new here and already need advice! :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here and already need advice! :P

So I'm not currently in a LDR but there is a girl I've been talking to online pretty much everyday for several months that I've realized I have serious feelings for. We flirt quite often and I think if we didn't live on opposite sides of the world (I'm in the US she's in Australia) I'd certainly have a chance. I would love to try and make it work LD but I'm lost as to how to bring up the idea of it! I'm sending her a gift box full of some creative gifts and thought about putting a letter or something in there telling her how I feel.

So I'm curious for all of you people in relationships that started online how did it go from friends to something more?

Btw I'm very happy I found this site! I was starting to think I was crazy falling this hard for someone I've never even met but seeing all the successful stories here really gives me hope!

Welcome to the site. ^_^;

As for your question, I was extremely nervous but I just told him. It took me forever to actually admit it then he laughed at me and said something like "yeah, I had an idea that you did". As for actually getting together I was nervous then too and waited until he went to bed and sent him a message about it while he was offline. Needless to say, I got called a dork and told "I don't tend to tell my friends that I love them", so yeah lol. As for the letter, I would do it if I thought they would like it and you know her better than we do. Just go for it! If you're sure that you could be together if you were closer (I had pretty much the same thought) then you really have nothing to lose. Good luck. ^_^;
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I met my boyfriend on a texting app. We had been texting a couple of months and I was really starting to fall for him. He lived in Canada, which isn't that far from me, but both of us couldn't really see a long distance relationship working. When I started to get serious feelings for him though, I started to bring up the idea, and he told me he liked me but that we should just stay friends, so I agreed because I thought that's what he wanted. I was really upset because I was willing to make the LDR work. Finally after five months of talking he asked me to be his girlfriend and it was the best day of my life It turns out he was afraid I would say no if he asked me because he thought I didn't want an LDR! So my advice would be to just tell her. You never know if she might feel the same way. Good luck!

Comment

Yay US to Australia here too. Welcome Well,for us he just told me how he felt one day. I wasn't expecting it and wasn't quite sure how to react. But I realized I had feelings too so we let it grow and it just took off on its own. I think you should just tell her. The letter is a cute idea. Go for it

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Working...
        X