Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Texas (Gah...)

Hey everyone, nice to meet you. You can call me Meowth

I moved to Denton, Texas for graduate school in August, and my boyfriend was not able to get an opening at his company's branch in my area as we had planned for. He'll be beginning his job back home in Indiana in a few weeks, and the contract is for two years. We've been apart for over three months now, and how often we'll get to see each other is dependent on if we get any vacation days. It's starting to get tough already, especially thinking about how I will be here for five years and he will not be able to join me for at least two. Worst case scenario is that I will finally be with him at the end of my five years in my program (and that's if my schooling goes as planned!)

This page looks like a pretty encouraging place to be. I will need that encouragement!

Hi Meowth,

It sounds like you both have a great foundation to continue to build upon since you have spent time together and have a plan or plans to close the distance. I've had one previous LDR with someone I knew and the reason we broke up had nothing to do with the LDR. I think this forum and the great advice here can help you continue to foster the relationship even if you both are not together.

Currently for me I'm going to possibly date someone who is LDR, but I'm taking it slow. This forum has helped me out a lot just on my basic situation. Everyone on here is really nice, considerate, and helpful. Welcome to the forum.

-Monk

Comment

Welcome! I'm Melissa. I hope you find that this forum helps you out with your relationship. It's been pretty helpful for me and my SO.
      "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

welcome i know it can be frustrating when plans change for ldrs especially when you think oh yes might close distance wait no got a job or need to do more uni but hang in there it eventually happens

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Small world!! I moved away from Plano about 4 months ago, and my fiance lives in IN.

Welcome to LFAD! (Where in IN is your love, if you don't mind me asking?)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

welcome

Comment

welcome!
                    You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Welcome to the Forums!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                      X