New to this site....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site....

My name is Korinna, and I'm so grateful to have found this site. I have been in a LDR for 3 years now. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary on Dec 18th this year. Tonight is also significant because it was on New Years Even one year ago that I realized somehow, though it seemed impossible...that I had fallen in love with someone that I've never met on the internet.

We are on opposite coasts with a 3 hr time difference, as I'm sure others here have found that it can be a little challenging. We have no specific plans to meet, certain obligations on both our parts currently makes that extremely difficult, but we certainly aren't leaving it out of the realm of possibility.

My mate...as I fondly call him among other nicknames....is not on this site. There is also a twenty year age difference between us, but it's not important. We are so much alike and have all the same values. It is truly amazing to both of us...and we comment often....on how this is possible. To us, the qualities we love in one another is what matters, not how old we are.

We have a great relationship overall. Time to time we experience a sense of distance, especially when one or the other gets busy. It's those times one or the other "over-thinks," imagining things that aren't really there. It seems as we neared the three year mark a lot of issues popped up...and we weren't close on our 3 year anniversary. It took a little bit, but now things are good again, and we both grew from the experience of the past couple months even though the pain and uncertainty didn't feel good.

We enjoyed reading the 101 things to do and have already tried a few of them. Even in regular relationships things can feel a little stale, and all it takes is a willingness to be creative and try stuff.

I am hoping he might want to join, but mostly I am just interested in reading posts and other things, and getting to know others and see how their LDR's are going. Thanks, and I'm glad to be here!

Welcome I hope you manage to work out some sort of solid plans to meet up.
    “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Welcome you'll love it here!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!

I also met my LDR online, it's hard but with all the tips and creativity here, things are becoming just a bit easier

Hope you guys can meet up soon!
          You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Working...
          X