Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here To Listen & Learn :)

Hello Everyone!
    My name is Aven, I'm 20 years old and from Tennessee, I met a great guy online about 9 months ago and so far we talk everyday, thoughout the day, about anything and everything. Everything from fun gadgets, family, school, politics, religion, cultural differences, TV, music, I mean if there's a conversation to be had, we've had it. Lol. He lives in the UK, I live in the US, we like the same bands, have the same views point on everything really, he's more computer savy than I could ever hope to be, and we'll I guess I'm just a bit more goofy. I've never met anyone who I could talk to after having the worst possible day, and have them make me smile ear to ear. He is supportive, comforting , encouraging, and just all around a kind-hearted guy, and a wonderfully thoughtful person all together. And what's even stranger is we've never even met in person! Video chatted for hours upon hours, sure. But never face-to-face. Although, that will hopefully change very soon. I am planning a trip to the UK in June, to met both him and his family. I've never left the states before, so to be able to not only meet him, but to experience another place is truly a gift words can't express. I am a strange mixture of both excitement and nerves. Although we've talked so much, shared over 100,000 skype messages between the two of us (enough to fill up over a 300 page Word Document apparently ^_^") we have only just recently decided where we stand as far as defining our relationship, if we should consider us more of an LDR vs. just two friends. I think we were both apprehensive of the subject, afraid to come across as "clingy" or afraid of mentioning it too soon. But we decided that when we meet in person we will decided then, but I have no problem with it, I feel lucky to have him in my life by any title, just having him to talk to and laugh with is enough to make me feel special. But he is the type of guy I would be proud to be with and wait for. He says he feels the same, so I say we give it our best try! Anyway, I'm here for tips, advice, and to learn from those who have been there and dealt with the difficulties I know can come with an LDR...I want to give this my all, and I know he will do the same, so this is where I shall begin on my LDR journey.
    Thank you all for having me!
    -Aven
    First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
    Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
    Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Welcome to the forum Aven!

Comment

Welcome!
      I am sure this forum will be able to help you out ^_^
      You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

welcome, you''ll love it here!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Welcome! I like your name. o=
          "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll love it here and fit right in!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                X