Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So happy to meet others who know how this feels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy to meet others who know how this feels!

Hello everyone! I wanted to come in and introduce myself.

I began dating my boyfriend last January. I am 31, he is 28. He is incredible and we suit each other perfectly. He is my best friend and even if we were not dating I would want to know him. I am divorced and I have three girls. He has two girls and has never been married. In September he moved back to his hometown(300 miles) for a job. At first when he moved we talked about me moving out there to be with him. But after some soul searching I recently came to the concolusion that I can't move my children so far away. Their father lives here, all of their friends and family. They still attend the same elementary school where they went to preschool. I feel like the move would only be in my best interest and not theirs. On top of that I have become inceasingly resentful toward him for moving away. I would become lonely which would turn to anger which would turn into texts to him that were mean and unfair. Once I decided against the move I figured I should end the relationship even though I didn't want to. I told him and he understood but we were both devestated and miserable.

I have been so upset without him. There are good things there. I know in my gut that we have a future though I don't yet know what it will look like. He begged me to do some research and decide if there was any way I could continue. So I did. I learned a lot. I learned that not all relationships are the same. And that's okay. I learned that it's okay to continue even if we won't be able to be together for a few more years. I have recommited to this relationship with a new perspective and attitude. At this point I just can't see my life without him in it. He is following his dream and I am going to try my hardest to support him and make it through this.

In doing some research I found this site. I hope it helps me in this journey. Most people do not understand what it's like being in a LDR so this forum is (hopefully) exactly what I need.

Hi, and welcome This site will absolutely help in your journey, you'll be surprised by just how normal an LDR is, and how much you can adjust, especially with kids to keep you busy. I'm glad you decided to pursue this relationship, as you'll see here, happiness isn't defined by miles!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

You've come to the right place for support welcome

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

*waves* Welcome to LFAD!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

welcome to the forum...

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!! Distance is a hard thing to cope with. We all know that. However, distance doesn't matter because your hearts are still together.
                sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

I am also new here and happy to read that so many people are in a similar situation. My friends are all supportive of my new (hmm, maybe after almost 1,5 years it's not so new anymore ) relationship, they find us very brave to want to be together while so far apart. This forum is really helpful in this way - to see so many people around the globe count down to seeing their SO again (sometimes from horribly high numbers of days), support each other and understand what it is like. I feel that the decision for this relationship was one of my best decisions in my life, so keep the courage, it is very much possible!
                  And let me quote my boyfriend - one of the last sentences before we had to part a few weeks ago: "A relationship is not a matter of convenience, it's about love"
                  All best to the two of you!

Comment

Working...
                  X