Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe - California: 5909... :(

Hi all!

I am so glad to find out that so many people believe that LDR can actually work! This is really encouraging!
    I am in love with an amazing person I have been talking to for 9 months. He lives in L.A. and I live in Switzerland. The last 2 months we both express how badly we want to meet but the only way this is possible is if he comes to Switzerland. Unfortunately I cannot get a visa and travel to the U.S.
    It is a frustrating situation because I don't know if we will ever be able to close the distance...
    I am really depressed...
    Last edited by Pink_Floyd; January 27, 2013, 04:49 AM. Reason: activate email notifications

where there is a will there is a way!!
    taking just one step at the time, if he can come over you can do that to start with and then take it from there ;D

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
      where there is a will there is a way!!
      taking just one step at the time, if he can come over you can do that to start with and then take it from there ;D
      Hi!
      You are right I have to keep calm and see things logically...
      It's so nice to be encouraged be people who are in the same situation!

Comment

What is currently stopping you from being able to get a visa, and him from being able to come see you?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
          What is currently stopping you from being able to get a visa, and him from being able to come see you?
          Hi!

Good questions!

I was in the US between Jan-Mar 2012. I went there with the ESTA program. When I returned to my home country (Greece) I tried to get a student visa but I was rejected twice. The reason for the rejection is that I am a potential immigrant, otherwise called "Rejected under article 2149(b). Therefore I shouldn't do any attempt for any kind of visa for the time being. I don't have an immigration lawyer so I don't know until when I should wait nor what I can do to get one... Some people I met in the US have told me I should hold off until 2014, so I have planned to stay in Switzerland and continue working here until then.

From his part, it is difficult to visit me in Switzerland due to job obligations. It is quite possible that he might visit me in summer, yet I would like to be able to share the distance... It is not fair to expect the other person to travel such a long way all the time...

Comment

Working...
          X