Hey :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey :)

I'm a newbie here but I have used forums before I stumbled across LFAD when trying to look for Valentines' presents on google.. Anyway, I've been lurking for a day now and I feel it's probably time I introduced myself :P

I'm 18 years old, living in Colchester in Essex and in my final year at sixth form, hoping to go to university in September to study English Literature. My SO is 20 years old, from Hull in East Yorkshire and is studying computer science at university. (I just reread that and we sound like proper geeks haha!) There are approximately 183 miles between us, which is nothing compared to some of the LDRs I've seen on here! But it's still difficult...

We first met online 3 years, 8 months, 4 weeks & 2 days ago (according to Daisypath) and we first met in person 1 year, 1 month & 6 days ago. I go up to his a lot more frequently than he comes here, but I have a rail card and he doesn't so it's more of a money thing than anything! And I adore his little sisters, so any excuse to see them :P Sometimes I really struggle with the distance, especially when we've both got exams on and deadlines to keep to and we don't skype call as much, or generally talk as much.

I hope to find support from other people in LDRs as most people I know have no idea and can't offer much comfort/advice to me as they don't understand the situation. I'll try my best to be useful and offer my best advice and support to you too

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome!

When I read that your SO is from Hull it just reminded me of how me and my guy ALWAYS take Hull trains from Kingscross to Doncaster.. I guess you'd take that same route but go all the way through to Hull, hey? that'd be quite the train journey, and train tickets aren't cheap in the UK. Although booking them in advance is a total money-saver!

anyway.. I hope you enjoy it around here on LFAD, looking forward to seeing you post
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012