The obligatory introduction thread :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The obligatory introduction thread :P

Hi everyone I'm never very good at these, but I'll start with some information about myself. I'm 18, I've been going to college for the past two years (through the 'Running Start' program) and I'll be graduating with my associate of liberal arts and sciences degree near the end of March. I used to be pretty heavy into anime and video games, but I don't really spend much time on those at all anymore. Unfortunately I don't really have any hobbies, or rather I have many hobbies that I'm not very dedicated to. Tiny bit of guitar, tiny bit of coding, tiny bit of drawing, that sort of stuff. As far as music, I like pretty much everything but rap and country, and I'm starting to get accustomed to rap, so... yeah.

And... mostly by association, I'm a brony. Don't worry, I'm not going to make any posts about that sort of thing :P My girlfriend and I met on a forum dedicated to the subject nearly a year ago, and about nine months ago we became really good friends. In the next three months, we grew to be best friends and decided to be together. Unfortunately, she lives in the Netherlands (Holland), and I live almost 5,000 miles away on the west coast of the US in Washington. Flash forward to January 15 of this year, we finally got to be together and spent nine days in Seattle (right before our six month anniversary ). Everything went well and the way we feel about eachother was reinforced by how we we were just automatically so comfortable together. I've never felt like anything in my life has been so right :P now I'm dying waiting for March, when she'll be spending another 9 days here with me around my birthday. It's a lot harder waiting now that we've been together though... I'm also selling my car and using that money to take a flight there to be with her for the two weeks around her birthday in June, so that will be fun!

I'm currently in the process of applying for two different universities in Holland, running into difficulties because of the previously mentioned Running Start program. But from what I can tell, everything is in order. I've just got to convince the unis of that haha. So long as I'm able to get things sorted, I'll be moving to Europe around the end of July to face massive cultural and language changes, massive student loans, and the rest of my life with the one I love

A couple warnings: I use a lot of ellipses (...'s) and commas. So long as that doesn't bother you too much, I'm sure I'll get along well here ^^ If you've got any questions for me, I'll be sure to answer them
    Last edited by Koma; February 6, 2013, 01:29 AM.

Welcome!

I'll be honest, I had to google what a 'Brony' was . I won't judge, I still like shows from when I was a kid as well .

I'm glad that you're financially capable of moving to Europe. I'm sadly not in that boat, but good luck with it nonetheless!

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
      Welcome!

I'll be honest, I had to google what a 'Brony' was . I won't judge, I still like shows from when I was a kid as well .

I'm glad that you're financially capable of moving to Europe. I'm sadly not in that boat, but good luck with it nonetheless!
      "Financially capable" is a relative term :P I'm gonna be taking out about 75,000USD in student loans over the course of three years, and after that I'm banking on finding a good paying job... admittedly though, I do have it better than some. In any case, it's a scary prospect! Thanks for the well-wishing

Comment

I had to google too! Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! I knew what a brony was yay!
            I'm from The Netherlands, studying Liberal Arts and Sciences at Leiden University College, so yay! My SO is studying here too so if you need any advice on how to get in as a foreigner just pm me!
            Which universities will you be applying to, and what studies?

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with your endeavor to move closer to your sweetheart (I am in the process of closing the distance with mine) (Also, I'm not bothered by ellipses, or by commas).

Comment

I'm new here too! To hear that you're moving to another country to be with her, that's simply amazing. I wish you all the luck in the world!

p.s. real men are bronies xD

Comment

Working...
                X