Guess I Never Did an "Intro"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I Never Did an "Intro"

Whoops! I forgot my manners and didn't introduce myself.

I have been peeking around the forums for awhile now. I'm Belle, living in the midwest US and going to school in vocal performance. I really want to become a teacher...or a princess. As a kid I said I wanted to be an opera singer when I was older - tiara appeal is finally kicking in.

My SO is also in music and we met through a choral clinic. He is about 5 hours from me by car, so we get to see each other pretty often. Fingers-crossed, we will spend the summer together, then when the next school year begins...the distance may grow. (Or shorten!) It's up in the air at this point, but you can imagine what I would prefer!

This isn't my first LDR - the last one was 4x the distance and 4x less fun (he was a dog person and I love my cats, so that's probably why...right? ). I'm very grateful for the experience, though, because it has made this relationship infinitely easier to handle. I love hearing the opinions of everyone here, too - so much to learn.

People are supposed to be great with talking about themselves - I'm not sure I am, though, oops! Anyway, there's just a little blip of me. I'm really enjoying LFAD!
    ~~~

Hello and welcome from a fellow musician! Clarinet was my first instrument and now I've taught myself the basics of saxophone, flute, and piano. My SO is actually a musician too, so yay for dating musicians!! He majored in music education and is now a general music and chorus teacher. Glad you're enjoying LFAD and can't wait to see you around the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

dukes - I'd love to do what your SO is teaching! I'm biased towards anything choir, though. Super hooray for dating musicians...now that I think of it, we're a whole "family" of them: his father plays classical guitar professionally, his brother is an audio engineer, SO is majoring in performance and production, my father is a professor of music and a composer....
        ~~~

Comment

That's pretty cool your whole family is involved in music! My SO's whole family is, but I'm the oddball of my family. Nobody else plays an instrument or sings, so we're not too sure where I got it from!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! My SO is from Minnesota My dad sings in a professional choir and performs on all important royal occasions so he's been on national television and I'm really proud, haha! I'm in two choirs now, not terribly amazing but I love singing and it's great

Comment

Working...
            X