Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

Hi all,

My first post right here. I've been lurking for a while and reading everyones stories so thought I'd put my own out there.

I met my man in a round about way in October last year. He is based in LA and I am in Melbourne, Australia. He was on a dating app called 'Let's Date' and I was on there doing research for work, I work in radio and a client of ours was looking at doing something similar. Long story short I clicked his profile because I thought he was super cute and interesting and I was 'researching' and he also clicked mine and asked me out on a date. I obviously had to email him at that point and tell him I couldn't make the date as I was living in Melbourne and well... we just hit it off! We've spoken every single day since then, numerous times a day, skyped, texted on viber, spoken to his family on the phone for Christmas... all of that fun stuff and it's crazy, I cannot imagine my life without him. Pretty funny as he was looking for a GF and the last thing I was looking for was a relationship of any sort but the attraction with us was crazy and here we are now in a LDR.

I went to meet him in Jan this year for the first time. I went there first because his job is super demanding and he couldn't get out of some prior commitments and we just couldn't wait any longer to meet up. Well... He met me at the airport with s beautiful bunch of flowers and an even better hug and it was just magical. We spent two weeks holding hands, looking into each others eyes and making all the residents of LA completely sick with our PDA. It was the best two weeks that either of us have ever experienced and a lot of his friends commented saying we were so natural and happy together that it seemed as though we'd been together forever.

When the day arrived for me to leave I felt as though my life was over, dramatic I know but I'm sure everyone here will understand. We both spent about an hour at the airport just crying and holding each other before I got on my flight. The next 15 hours were the hardest 15 hours ever, not being able to even text him and tell him that I loved him was agony. Now I'm back home and we are both miserable so thought I'd actually share my story and start getting involved with the forum hoping it will help me see that that I'm lucky and fate didn't bring us together just to rip my heart out.

While I'm here I want to say that I've read a lot of your stories and I think everyone on here is amazing... it seems a lot of you have been doing this for a number of years, I tip my hat to you all.

Thanks!! x

That's such an amazing story! I'm glad you had such a great first meeting, too. Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome. I love how you just stumbled upon each other You'll have many more visits to look forward to!
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Interesting story
          Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome! It's good to see another Melbournian on here.

I know how painful the flight home is and how helpless you feel. Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk some time.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

I have to agree with the others: amazing story! Wow!

Comment

Welcome! Loved your story.....Sometimes it helps hearing that magical loving meet ups...It's been so long since ours happened...but the reminder of that love and commitment helps us all!!!! Again welcome!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                    X