Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!

Hi all!

Came across this site a few days ago and have enjoyed reading some threads, so thought I would dive in and introduce myself.

My name's Kat, I'm 28 and live in Scotland and my boyfriend lives in the south of England. We met online in a mmorpg (Warcraft). We'd been in the same guild (group of people who play together) but I had been in a six-year relationship and he was in a LTR too. We both split up from our partners at the start of last year, and by September, we were speaking constantly on Skype, phone calls, text etc. He came to visit me mid September, and we've been an item ever since! We are quite lucky in that we get to see each other every two weeks or so, although it's costing us a fortune, but we're hoping he can move up to me in a couple of months.

It's my first time doing a LDR and it's been tough, although he's worth every second and he makes it much easier for me by contacting me every second he can, he waits up for me coming home from work (I work late) so we can go to sleep together on Skype every night, we have several calls throughout the day and we're always on Whatsapp or the Couple app which we just discovered thanks to this site!

Anyway that's my story, seriously in awe of people who are doing it long distance and only see each other every few months as I'm ashamed to say I struggle with just the two weeks in between. It has made me feel fortunate though and I'm trying not to be as annoyed about the distance, knowing how much worse it could be.

Hello & welcome to LFAD......

Started Writing - February 2010
    First Visit - September 2010
    Second Visit - June 2011
    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
    NOA1 - July 2012
    NOA2 - December 2012
    Fourth Visit - December 2012
    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

welcome to LFAD

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD. I don't know.. I think all distances matter and it's difficult either way. It's true that 2 weeks are better than 2 months or half a year, but even the two weeks are hard I think. If you want to touch the person you love and you can't do it, that hurts .. regardless of whether they are a billion miles away or just 100.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X