Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hii From London

Hey Everyone,

I was watching LDR videos on youtube all day yesterday and wondered if they was a LDR forum and here I am .. Ok, Sooo .. Im not in a relationship with anyone yet and haven’t been since June last year (Bad Breakup) BUT... I have been very close to a guy (Justin 23) since 2009 his from the states im from London, his in the Military and we get on super well.

The past 4 years we spoke on and off because I was in a long-term relationship and then he got married so you can see why it was on and off. But … I finally got my head out of my arse and took a chance to make the effort and Skype more with Justin, and the first skype session in 4 years and it lasted 5 hours I was totally into our conversation I lost track of time, after It finished I couldn’t stop thinking about him, were texting daily as and when we can what with the time difference and stuff.

But after 4 years of him being crazy for me and me being too stubborn thinking it would never work I kind of hope it becomes more than just chatting! His suggested me going to visit him in the states in August .. I mean can I actually just get on a plane and go? Haha it seems so crazy! But the guy is amazing!

I hope i can meet some lovely girls on here and talk about this!!

Louise

Is he still married?

Comment

No no she filed for a divorce last year .. i wouldnt get involved with a guy who was still married

Comment

Welcome Louise_B

Of course you can get on a plane & fly to meet this guy your crazy about.......sometimes in life we have to take risks because we never know what's around the corner.....The majority of people on here have taken that leap to meet up with someone they met online etc...

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

We spoke this morning and he was saying he has leave in August time and his thinking of buying my plane ticket to get me over there to meet him but we have a choice to go away with his family in york city or be around his best friend also room mate and plan a camping trip in Arizona either way i think it would be amazing! and i would love to just jump on that plane and go .. but like you said Oldblighty sometimes you need to take a risk!
          Originally posted by Oldblighty View Post
          Welcome Louise_B

Of course you can get on a plane & fly to meet this guy your crazy about.......sometimes in life we have to take risks because we never know what's around the corner.....The majority of people on here have taken that leap to meet up with someone they met online etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
            We spoke this morning and he was saying he has leave in August time and his thinking of buying my plane ticket to get me over there to meet him but we have a choice to go away with his family in york city or be around his best friend also room mate and plan a camping trip in Arizona either way i think it would be amazing! and i would love to just jump on that plane and go .. but like you said Oldblighty sometimes you need to take a risk!
            I know if I hadn't taken the risks I have in life then I wouldn't have experienced all the things I have..But one thing you have to be aware of when taking risks is your safety! I hope you can work out a final date for getting together.....x

Started Writing - February 2010
            First Visit - September 2010
            Second Visit - June 2011
            Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
            Our Wedding Day - April 2012
            Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
            NOA1 - July 2012
            NOA2 - December 2012
            Fourth Visit - December 2012
            Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Welcome I'm doing the exact same thing and hopping on a plane to another country in a few months :P If he makes you happy then go for it Just take care of yourself.

Comment

Welcome!I can't give any advice on being the one to travel for the first meet.. but I look forward to hearing how your story progresses
                Met Online: February 2009
                Feelings grew: January 2011
                First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Hi girls, thanks for the warm welcome! i Guess i just have my doubts we both do, we both had real bad breakups last year his obviously putting all his trust into me and im slowly putting my trust into him! I'm the most supportive understanding girl out there (as wel as you guys) so i know LDR i would be fine with as i know the time you spend together is well worth the wait! .. I never gave him a chance so i really i couldnt feel anything towards him. But its just crazy we skyped for 5 hours the other night and i just couldnt get enough! he made my physically cry with laughter as we was tormenting eachother about our accents! We would always say how awesome it would be to take a trip across the pound and meet .. I guess this year will be our year! im super excited and im so thankful i come across this page! I hope you are all doing we;l

Comment

Hi Louise_B,

Welcome! I recently joined about 2 weeks ago and I can already tell you that this forum is helpful. I've already received helpful feedback and I found lots of posts that relate to my questions/issues.

I met my SO online almost 7 years ago, but as friends, both of us going in and out of relationships. It wasn't until recently (7 months ago) that we started our LDR by revealing we liked each other. I booked my ticket to see him last month (going to England in June) and this is the first time I've ever been out of the country, let alone meet someone from online that was not in my area.

So you're not alone. I hope that everything works out great for you both.
                    *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

I welcome you to LFAD! You'll find a lot of helpful and nice people here who will listen to how your story progresses. I'm kinda new here too, but I've been lurking around for a long time.

Go ahead and see him! I'm not really into the idea of the girl going to the guy's place first, but hey, the only thing that matters is that you love each other. I can't wait to hear how it will go for you and your SO.

Comment

Working...
                      X