Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy to find this group!

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I have been in a LDR ever since the very beginning of our relationship. It's been extremely difficult as we're both actors/ filmmakers so our schedules are very up in the air and we must find and make time to be able to talk to each other. But this is honestly the happiest I've ever been. After 1.5years so far of this struggle, I totally feel it is worth the missing and longing. We actually ended up making a short film about our LDR experience together and even shot it long distance to stay true to the difficulty we both have with communicating with each other, especially online. We even won Best Dramatic Short at the DIY Film Festival in Hollywood! I'd love to be able to share it with all of you on here somehow because I'm sure this community would be the most supportive of our story since so many if not all of us have the same struggles. It was very therapeutic for us to make art together, even from a distance, and now we have a new way of being able to spend time together.

I hope to be able to contribute as best as I can to this lovely community and I hope everyone's relationships are happy, healthy, and strong. Keep fighting the good fight!

https://thehappymonologues.tumblr.co...n-our-long#_=_

Is it this one?

Comment

Thats interesting Kage! I would like to see it as I am going to try and make a 20 minute film myself for my dissertation project on the same subject but probably from a more general perspective.

ps I lived in Denmark for many years so I read your name instantly as "cake" because thats what it means in Danish! Whoops my bad

Now its coffee time in London!

Comment

IT IS! You found it! I hope that if you watched it you were moved by it! Thanks

Comment

Hi AshleyC! Please do watch it! The forum won't let me post the link here because I'm still too new to the site but wayoutofhere found it from my tumblr and posted it above Good look with your dissertation! I'm sure it'll be a very interesting and informative one

And HAHAHAH I learned a new word today! I should just change it to Cake. It sounds better haha. Thanks so much and enjoy your coffee!

Comment

Yeah it was pretty good. I don't think I understood it completely though, but maybe I was just too tired and should watch it again.

Comment

Thanks! If you have questions then feel free to ask

Comment

Thanks for sharing this wayoutofhere...I really enjoyed it.....

And welcome to LFAD Kage!!

Started Writing - February 2010
                First Visit - September 2010
                Second Visit - June 2011
                Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                NOA1 - July 2012
                NOA2 - December 2012
                Fourth Visit - December 2012
                Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Thanks so much Oldblighty!! It's nice to be surrounded by people who truly understand the good and the bad of a long distance relationship. It will be so nice to come here for support. And I'm SUPER glad that you enjoyed my short film! Thanks

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome!I watched the short film, it was interesting, I'd like to hear your take on the storyline/what it means to you two.

look forward to seeing you around LFAD
                      Met Online: February 2009
                      Feelings grew: January 2011
                      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Hi Jazi! Thanks for taking the time to watch our short film! This is a very personal story for us. My boyfriend and I have a hard time communicating with each other in terms of really being able to listen to each other and I really wanted that to come through in this story. It wasn't just about the challenges of being in a long distance relationship but the challenges of being able communicate well in any kind of relationship. It parallels soooo well with the bullshit of horrible internet connection when you're trying to have a serious conversation, especially if that's the best means of communicating with each other. This situation has happened many times for my boyfriend and I (except for all the time traveling HAHAHAH) and it destroys us because we can't just hold each other when it's finally over. Making this with him was very therapeutic for me and it gave us a chance to work on something so personal and real for us. We just hope people can relate to it! Thanks so much again and I hope I answered your questions!

Comment

Originally posted by kage View Post
                            Hi Jazi! Thanks for taking the time to watch our short film! This is a very personal story for us. My boyfriend and I have a hard time communicating with each other in terms of really being able to listen to each other and I really wanted that to come through in this story. It wasn't just about the challenges of being in a long distance relationship but the challenges of being able communicate well in any kind of relationship. It parallels soooo well with the bullshit of horrible internet connection when you're trying to have a serious conversation, especially if that's the best means of communicating with each other. This situation has happened many times for my boyfriend and I (except for all the time traveling HAHAHAH) and it destroys us because we can't just hold each other when it's finally over. Making this with him was very therapeutic for me and it gave us a chance to work on something so personal and real for us. We just hope people can relate to it! Thanks so much again and I hope I answered your questions!
                            I did very much relate to the end where you two did a computer screen hug, it really makes so much difference to be able to have a good hug with your SO after an argument.. I know it really effects me to not be able to. I also liked how all his skype sessions popped up on the screen, like his memory was projecting them there as to why he shouldn't give up.
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Jazi, what an excellent take on the short film with the iChats being projected as memories. We both love that so much! And yes, hugging my laptop has definitely become such a normal thing. I find that I've been having my most serious talks with him through iChat because of our distance apart and who wants to fight when your in person right? It's so tough what we do. I have so much admiration for your LDR. Amazing amazing strength! Congrats to you both!

Comment

Working...
                              X