My first (& hopefully only) adult LDR - Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first (& hopefully only) adult LDR - Hi all

Hope here, from Louisiana, 37 yo female. We met online last March. I met her f2f in October in her city. I was very attracted to her and already loved her. On December 5, she said she liked me. I spent the better part of the month getting clarification about what she meant because I couldn't believe that she liked me. She flew in to see me on January 15, 2013 and everything was electric. We ignited instantly. Sparks flew, fireworks, the whole nine yards. She only stayed for a couple of days, and I had to see her again. She gave me a shirt that she had worn and I gave her a shirt that I had worn before we parted ways. We Skype date. We make meals together on Skype and eat together. We talk on the phone. We text a lot. Between December and February, I have sent/received about 15K texts. I started writing her and mailing letters to her. She lights up my life and I can't seem to get enough. I wake looking forward to hearing from her and she is the last person I hear from before I go to sleep. I look forward to our Skype dates and spending time together. I am always working on seeing her or some way we can connect. So glad I found these forums.

Hi & welcome to LFAD.....you've joined a great community.....

Started Writing - February 2010
    First Visit - September 2010
    Second Visit - June 2011
    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
    NOA1 - July 2012
    NOA2 - December 2012
    Fourth Visit - December 2012
    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Welcome

Comment

In the title, I say first (and hopefully only) because when I was a teen I had a distance relationship. I met a guy in summer camp and wrote letters to him for years. We drifted apart and never saw each other again.

I am in love with my partner and really want it to work. That's why I said "my first (& hopefully only) adult LDR." I am here trying to do everything I can to see that it lasts. We are very happy together.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! 15k is a pretty impressive amount of texts even for me, and my SO and I text constantly lol.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Having this community here helps. I printed some stationary and wrote letters to her last week and will probably write another this week.

The distance is sometimes hard. When I read that others have done it for years, sometimes a take a big gulp. There are times when I want my gf now. I can't imagine doing it for years (the distance). I am willing to do whatever it takes.

Comment

welcome to this awesome community!
                    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Working...
                    X