New here and new to LDR. due to his work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and new to LDR. due to his work

I met K a month ago by chance at a local bar where friends of his asked him to come on down since he was coming to town. He was playing pool with his friends wife and I was playing pool with someone i just met there that night. Neither of us thought we were available. but learned later in the night when the band was done and everyone else had left. We closed the bar out and chatted more outside and exchanged numbers and planned ot meet up again the next day to play more pool. Free games. I had learned then that he was not going to be around long as he would be sent to the next job site on the pipe line in the states. We played pool for hours and I had to come home to let my pup out and he followed with movies he had grabbed from home. WE stayed up talking and watching movies. left the next day and came back the next day spent time together went out again and stayed the night by day 5 we had both decided that was this something more than just fun while he was there or a relationship. Valentines day he friended me and put in a relationship with and spent the day with his kids.

Forward a month and he has spent about 3/4 of his time with me and on dates. We have talked and really gotten to know each other. He is getting flack from his sister for spending this time with me while he has been home and that I met his older daughter two days ago now. Just before he left for training classes for the week with the chance that he may be sent to a site after the training on friday. Would like to see him home but he goes where the digs are. I know and have known from day one that he would be spending a total of 5 months in wyoming this summer and fall and I know that time will be hard apart.

I have never had a long distance relationship and suprisingly after coming out of a marriage of lies and affairs I think I have found someone that is as honest as I am. He doesn't sugar coat anything and he will tell you what he really is thinking. I am also suprised that I am not worried about lies or affairs. I haev been divorced for 5 months and before that separated a year before the divorce was final. I had other local dates and one that lasted a few months but nothing like what is going on with K and I.

I have no idea where this is going and he is a year younger than myself with two kids with the same mom and never married but with her for 9 years or so. I have no kids which would make seeing him while away easier. How does this long distance thing work? I want it to work but no idea how this all works. Any seasoned veterns out there willing to give advice?

We have skyped in the 5 days he was gone for training a few weeks ago and I want to use my clone a willy for personal use when he is gone but the rest is all a mystery to me.

Great to see that you posted a bit of a back story so we can get to know your relationship a little more.

Welcome to LFAD
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I know this isn't the typical LDR seen here but it is time that will be apart and good to be able to read others journeys and one can't give advice with out knowing some background information.

Comment

Working...
      X