Hi from Vegas... or St. Lucia now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Vegas... or St. Lucia now!

I don't know what to exactly put in for my location. I'm temporarily at St. Lucia for school, but I'm from Las Vegas. I've been in an LDR with my bf for almost 2 years now. We first met at a library in Miami January 2009. It's a kind of meeting you see in movies or romance novels. I couldn't believe it myself, and my bf was so smooth about it. I couldn't even tell he was interested with me at first, until he told me later himself. Either he's really good about it, or I'm too naive back then. Due to financial reasons, I had to move back to Vegas and continue my premed there. We remained friends until we met again (this time in Vegas) close to Halloween of 2011. It hasn't been easy lately especially now that we've gotten too attached and all we wanted to do is close in on the distance. He's in Ohio now. He fully supports my dreams, which is the same way I did in the past for him while he's in med school. The only thing that stands in the way right now is school, and it won't be that predictable until I can get into residency. Mystery can be misery apparently... but here's a smile out to people in LDR. It's tough, but I know it will be all worth it in the end. More power and perseverance to all of us -->
    sigpic
    S & C
    <3

Welcome to LFAD
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thank you so much Jazi and Firelfy! I'm still trying to get used to threads and posting. So far, I'm loving it here. It's nice to be around positive people who can relate to you, though I welcome realists as well
        sigpic
        S & C
        <3

Comment

Welcome to LFAD you seem to have a really good attitude towards LDR it's good to stay positive.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Thanks Caity, thanks lyonsgirl!!!... Yes Caity... I think staying positive is one way to do it, but I have to admit it dwindles sometimes. Gotta stay strong for our men... they're the weaker ones when it comes to distance - most of the time! My mom always says they're usually the ones who can't handle it ;D
              sigpic
              S & C
              <3

Comment

I just put my "current" residence-- I am from CT and will probably return there after I graduate, but I am currently living in MA.

Welcome to LFAD.
                Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Hi kitty09, thanks!!! I will update For miles apart, it's the distance between OH and St. Lucia... so I'm halfway correct
                  sigpic
                  S & C
                  <3

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Hello and welcome! Your positive attitude is awesome! Mystery does make it tough and I know what you mean. I didn't know where I was going to grad school, and of course I ended up at the one farthest from my SO. Now nearly two years later, our mystery is where I'll get a clinical fellowship. Eek! You're definitely right though- it will all be worth it in the end

Comment

Thanks MissButterfly
                          sigpic
                          S & C
                          <3

Comment

dukes2011, thanks!!! Aww u guys r in the same route as we are! I have 5 more months here in St. Lucia but when I go home permanently for my clinical rotations, they're most probably going to be in NY. I'm trying to arrange with school if I can do them in Ohio. He's so worried about this distance. One day I asked him if I'm making him unhappy... he said "I'm not unhappy with you, but you're not making me happy either coz we're not together... and I don't see that happening in the near feature." I'm doing my best to close in on the distance. I hope it will work out... and I hope it will work out for u guys too - as far as closing in. Togetherness in heart and spirit is always going to be there I hope u'll get a clinical fellowship that's closer to ur sweetheart
                            sigpic
                            S & C
                            <3

Comment

thanks SeeRat! OMG, I'm doing horrible with posting. I wish I had notifications.
                              sigpic
                              S & C
                              <3

Comment

Working...
                              X