Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Folks

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the site today having refered to it over the past year when looking for inspiration to help with my LDR and now i'm looking for some solidarity...

So, a quick introduction...

My name's Vix and i've just passed my one year anniversary in my LDR, I live in England and he's in Aus, millions and millions of miles away.

We met via an internet dating site where neither of us really thought that anything serious was likely to happen. you know a chance to just get out there meet a few new people and hey why not tick the "whole world box", this is just for fun. How wrong we both were. Somehow after after about 4 months I headed out to see him and we took a two week road trip (with plenty of safety measures in place just incase it didn't work out) and then in July he spent a month over here with me.

Now he's back home and we are apart again for the next few months before I can afford the next trip and it feels like a really long time and so I'm hoping that you lovely folks can help to keep me sane while i wait.

Vix

Welcome to the board and Happy Anniversary!

Everyone here is very friendly and supportive so don't be shy about asking questions and venting when things don't exactly go the way they were planned. This is an awesome community and you'll find plenty of other couples who share your pain with such a distance.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the one year anniversary!
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome vixx ^_^

Comment

Welcome Vix...congrats on your anniversary....
            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome!

I feel you on the waiting. I'm in America, my boyfriend's in Australia, and I miss him like crazy. We won't get to see each other until probably February, but it's looking longer and longer the longer his job search takes. *sigh*

We'll keep you sane if you keep us sane. As sane as we get around here anywho.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hi there Vix and welcome to LFAD! Glad that you decided to join us!

Congrats on 1 year together!! See you around

Comment

Welcome! I found my bf on an internet dating site also. I will forever be in the debt of singlesnet.com

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone x

Comment

Welcome! =D
                        This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Welcome and happy anniversary! =]

Comment

Working...
                          X