Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently I need to stop for being a lurker and introduce myself instead. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently I need to stop for being a lurker and introduce myself instead. :)

Hello! Well I'm not really 'new' in LFAD though, mostly just walking around and putting some little comments. But I realize I'm here because I need support from you all guys who's struggling (???) in any Long Distance Relationship stuff. Honestly I've gotten many things from this site and you people are amazing!! So, why not I really let myself to be known and enjoy all of those friendship!

I'm from Indonesia South East Asia currently living in jakarta, My SO is from Virginia US and still doing his Air Force job. Hm, what else? We've been in LDR for 2 years almost, on and off and the story is still going on.

Okay, I think that's all, and OH btw, I'd be glad if I can meet any Indonesian who's also being this in International LDR. You know, it's sometimes hard just to vent and talk about your relationship with your family and friends because they haven't been this kind of relationship. They would stare at you and ask the question like... "Why do you want to be with someone who's like thousands miles away from you?" and/or "How could you trust him????" Grrrrr, those are so annoying.
    Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
    Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
    Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
    Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

helloo and welcome to LFAD.. I also face same sort of questions from my family.. They are kinda afraid that if i get to mayy him i ll b thousands of miles away from my family and something bad happens to me there will be no 1 to support me. They also ask me not to trust him so much. I find that annoying too but have to hear these concerns almost everyday :P (though its just fear on their part)

Comment

Hi dem&ter!

First of all, welcome to LFAD... even if I'm a newbie here too. I've seen some of your comments here already.

I'm not Indonesian, but hey, we're neighbors! I think I can be able to relate with you more because I also came from a country where LDRs are still a bit taboo (Southeast Asia really sucks sometimes) and our SOs are both Americans. Hope your relationship is still rocking and you'll be able to close the distance soon!

P.S. Have you already visited each other? My SO is planning to visit here soon, so I'm curious how you guys managed to visit each other. 8,000 miles is really far.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Aw thanks all! Joining this community means so much for me! Actually I always had schedule for visiting US like almost every year because I'm working for some psychology research mostly in Penn. But too bad for us couldn't meet him last year due to his military mission. Sucks. And guess what, unfortunately I also can't make it this year because all those researches would make me stuck in my country. Actually I'm not taking this relationship too hard (anymore) just like I enjoy what we've got together right now but still we're trying to make everything better no pressure.

Agreed to SeeRat and Chizatlauren, I was not saying what my family or even my friends have thought about the relationship is bad. I understand they're just worried and the reason is more because they don't want me to get hurt with a person whos far away. Besides, there are a lot of guys over here they would think good enough for me (or even perfect). Staying with LDR seems dumb for them, hell yeah if I could turn my feeling that easy I may get married with someone else now! Lol.

Once again, I just want to see how it works, but so far... It's all good, not to mention we never got any drama. We had it! And it always ended up with us being together over and over hm, it must means something right??? Good luck for you all too!

P.S: This account was made for both of us, but I use it mostly. He doesn't really want just wasting his time to reads the threads though, he just wants to know what I've written and posted and I'm starting to blog too, so he may check this account some time.
          Last edited by dem&ter; March 15, 2013, 08:43 AM.
          Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
          Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
          Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
          Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome! It definitely is frustrating when other people don't understand you can trust someone far away. I've been with my SO for a long time and people still ask if I'm worried about him cheating on me or something. You just kind of get used to it. Your true friends either learn to understand or respect that you have different opinions.

Comment

Working...
              X