Hi from MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from MI

New to posting, but I've been ready the forum for several days now and have already found a lot of great ideas. Technically my SO (27) and I (24) don't have quite the distance between us as everyone else (it's about 70 miles for us) but due to work schedules, my car situation (just now getting my license and currently sharing a car with a family member), family etc. we are going to only be able to see each other maybe 3-4 days a month......so with that and the mileage, we consider it a LDR. Which, while we're not entirely thrilled about, we are confident we'll be able to make work. We'll be seeing each other for the first time in 12 days (!) and hope to make things "official" after our 4th in-person date in late April.....although we've pretty much considered ourselves to be in a relationship for a bit now (we've referred to each other several times as bf/gf).

So, a brief breakdown of our story. I met the SO on OKCupid in late September 2012, we talked on and off through there, exchanged numbers and really had spotty communication at first due to some stuff I was going through. By mid October, however, we started to grow closer and began discussing when we would meet, progressing into a relationship etc. through Facebook chat. Things continued to progress and by late December, we were really beginning to get close. I credit two things for this: Skype and Xbox Live. It was amazing getting to see him for the first time and just as good getting to hear his voice. Since then we've continued to Skype every other night and play Halo together/voice chat on the nights we don't Skype. Since October, there hasn't been a day I haven't talked to him either through text, voice or Skype. This is pretty significant since I've always been nervous about Skyping or talking on the phone with someone....but with him, it's so easy and enjoyable.

After some hiccups and a couple of minor fights which we worked through, we're set to finally see each other in person on March 30th. Unless that date and the following ones go tragically wrong (highly doubtful since we get along great on Skype and that's about as close to being together in person as you can get), we're on track to take things forward with a relationship. Given everything we share in common, our chemistry and how much we already care for each other, I'm pretty confident that this will blossom into a serious, long term relationship.

I plan on sticking around here to get ideas on how to keep our romance going in spite of the distance.

Hiii and welcome.... No doubt you will have many ideas to keep romace alive with this distance..

Comment

Another "victim" of OkCupid

I hope you keep the relationship working, it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to eventually find a reasonable solution for your distance problem, but until then, hang in there!

And good luck with your first IRL meeting, scary but extremely cool!

Comment

Hello! And welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
        X