Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new, to both the LDR business and the site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new, to both the LDR business and the site.

Hello, I'm Anna. I'm a sixteen year old girl whose first serious boyfriend is moving due to a sick family member. His grandma is slipping because of alzheimer's, and they really want to be with her so they are moving. It's not all that great a distance, and he hasn't even left yet. (He leaves very early in the morning today, but I am hoping to be awake to text him and tell him how much I love him) I still don't know the name of the town, and neither does he, which is one of the hardest parts, I think. I'm not even sure where I'm losing my love to. ): Does anyone have any ideas to make it easier to cope? We are going from living 15 minutes apart and seeing eachother everyday, to only seeing eachother what will probably be every other weekend.

Keep busy and get some perspective. I concider myself lucky that I can see my SO every other month, while others on the site see theirs only once or twice a year. I find this really encouraging, knowing that other couples manage much greater distances and with fewer visits than my SO and I go through. As for the keeping busy, one suggestion would be to concentrate more on school. Being in a LDR has most likely helped me do well in school, since I need the distraction. Get a part time job, get new hobbies and hang out with friends. LDRs aren't impossible to manage Good luck
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
    X