X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hi there,

My name is Abril, 29, from Mexico City.

My now husband and I met in highschool, and then we found each other again around 2008 on facebook or hi5. Problem was he had moved to Canada some years before and had no reason to come back to Mexico since his family lives there too. We started out friends and then our relationship evolved. We fell hard for each other in 2011 and took a number of measures to check if we were for realsies or not. He took a trip so we could meet in person and see whether there was any chemistry and stuff like that. There was. A lot. Best weekend of my life. If I reincarnate, it'll probably still be the best weekend of my lives.

Nowadays we're married and in the process of getting my papers so I can live permanently with him in Montreal, instead of travelling back and forth every few months. It's been a hell of a rollercoaster and I truly believe he's the love of my life. There have been a lot of rough patches in the way but it's absolutely worth it.

Now, even when my love and I have closed the distance, I thought I'd joined the site to share my experience, to maybe help and confort anyone who might be having a hard time due to the distance situation. In very few words, to tell you that you're not alone and to never lose hope.

If you have any questions or just need cheering up, hit me up!

Abril, welcome! Congratulations and I hope everything goes smoothly and FAST!!

Comment

Hi and Welcome here... Good to know you have closed the distance.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome

unusual to see someone who is about to close the distance join LFAD, nice to have another LFADer going through the process though, its tough with all the visas!
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Hey!
            Welcome to the community ^^

Comment

Well, actually I had been lurking for a while.

When we were still LDR-ing it was so hard, because on top of being apart from the person I love I had to endure the nasty looks and ill opinions from people who thought I was just nuts and this thing would not succeed.

I didn't have the support I so badly needed to go through this. One day I found LFAD with all you guys who were in the same situation. I felt so relieved.

In a way I joined a while ago, although I hadn't registered.

Anyways, thanks for your good wishes. I hope everyone's journey goes smoothly.

Comment

I am glad you came out of the shadows and introduced yourself!!! Welcome to LFAD!
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                  I am glad you came out of the shadows and introduced yourself!!! Welcome to LFAD!
                  Im glad too

Comment

Working...
                  X