International Lesbian LDR, Finland/Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Lesbian LDR, Finland/Massachusetts

Hello, everyone! We are Badger (Massachusetts) and Roo (Finland). We're new to the forum but not so new to this whole long distance thing. We have been together for a little over a year now and are planning for Roo to move to Massachusetts as soon as we can work out the details (come on, Supreme Court!). We're looking to connect with others who are in similar situations - LDR (duh), international, LGBT, relatively mature (we're in our 30s), or any combination of these. This stuff is hard. It would be nice to know others who are also navigating these kinds of relationships.

So far we have met twice (both times for a week) and are planning to spend the summer/fall together. We're really looking forward to our togetherlife and figuring out all of the visa issues so we can have our happily ever after. If anyone here has experience with that whole mess, we'd probably fall at your feet to hear your story.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Sincerely,
    Badgeroo

Hello, everybody. This is Roo waving from Helsinki, Finland. I don't feel like I have much to add to my girlfriend's introduction, but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Yay! More 30+ people on the boards! Love this place, but you'll find there's mostly a younger crowd. All good people though!
      Have you taken a peek at the sub-forums area?

Comment

Lots of international relationships, plenty of Finns, some 30+, and not too many same sex couples. Routing for the Supreme Court to make the right decision!

Comment

Hey guys, welcome to the forum. Visas can be really annoying, and since you're going from Finnland to the US, I definitely recommend checking out visajourney.com if you haven't already. Plenty of folks there who you can talk to and ask questions of when it comes to visa stuff.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Thanks for that tip! That process is going to be arduous, and that forum looks like it will be very helpful!

Comment

Welcome to the forum .

I'm a young one.. But! I am in an international LDR and we are going through the visa process RIGHT NOW.. 5 months and counting since we submitted the application, waiting waiting! Different countries though; UK to Australia.

looking forward to seeing you guys post around the forums
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Woo, more Finns! \o/ Welcome to the forums Here's hoping everything works out for you two!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Still can't believe Finland has yet to legalize same sex marriage.
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Working...
                  X