Hi! Just another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Just another newbie

Hi everyone! I am so happy to have found all of you.

My LDR journey began Dec 23, 2012. We met through our daughters at an event for their international youth group. Funny things is I dont know how we hadnt met earlier. I grew up and was friends with his sisters, through that same youth organization, but never knew there was a brother in the family. My daughter and his oldest daughter are friends, his boys and my oldest boy are members of their own international youth group and have interacted on many ocassions, and his youngest has played with my youngest on many occasions at state wide events for the girls group. It seems like fate was keeping us apart until the time was right. We have had some struggles already, but I suppose that comes from being only 2.5 hours apart, and not being able to close that distance as often as we would like to, its so close, yet too far.
    Between us we have 7 kids, mine are 15, 13, and 6, his are 17, 14, 12, and 10. He plans to move to me when the time is right. Its a struggle now, but I know it will be worth it in the long run.

Welcome to LFAD
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

welcome to LFAD! Also.. that's a lot of teenagers

Comment

Hello! Your relationship sounds like a lot of fun big family always has more laughter

Comment

Originally posted by summerkid View Post
          welcome to LFAD! Also.. that's a lot of teenagers

Tell me about it, we have a graduation next year, 2 graduations in 3 years, and then 1 for the next 2 years after that! So, right now, thats Junior, Freshman, Freshman, 8th Grade, 7th Grade!

Comment

Working...
          X