Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new, and it's just me

Hey all,

I'm Mason and I joined LFAD out of curiosity, and because-as with most of us- I'm in a long distance relationship.
    I joined mainly because the entire thing has been amazing, but it's hard and some extra support, advice, etc.. would be nice. We met online last December, met in person in March, and are now in a fully committed relationship. She is a graduating senior this spring and wille be headed to law school this fall. I'm a full-time business owner and am currently building my business and the future of my family.
    There is a good chance Alyssa will be moving to minnesota which would know off about 700 miles from our distance, but it's still a hard thing to do.
    I guess, really, I just want something else to help me get over my anxieties and insecurities about it all. (details to follow)

thanks,

mason

welcome! and there is alot of help over here, also reading former post helped me alot when i was just new

Comment

I have utilized several of the "things to do" list. In an LDR you get bored with just chatting all the time and can sometimes run out of things to talk about. When we are in person, it does not matter that he is exhausted and does not feel like talking, in the LDR when we are chatting, my mind starts to read stuff into long pauses. We like to pick TV shows and movies to watch together. You don't have to chat constantly, it is just nice to have them "there". We also like to include other friends in a rewatches sometimes in conference with Skype. It feels like you have your "alone" time and your social couple time online this way. We have a couple of games we both play and some forums that we both post on. (not this one). I just like to switch stuff up a bit from time to time. I also suggest using a few different ways to keep in touch. I mainly do the chats, but a weekly phone call is nice and every once and while one of us will surprise the other with a link or song or vid clip in our email or a "I love you" text to wake up to.

I know how very hard it is but if it is your soul mate, I truly believe it is worth it. This forum has helped me a lot, just being able to vent about my feelings and see that I am far from alone makes it so much easier to deal with. The roughest thing you will hear from more than a few of us is that you start to get a bit of paranoia from time to time. You have to completely trust each other and trust the love the two of you share. This is a great community and there seems always to be a few around to offer a helpful words of advice or just an ear or virtual shoulder if you need one. Welcome aboard!
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome! I'm new here too and this is a great community. They've got a lot of collective experience to share and it's really helped me, as I'm sure it will help you! Hope to see you around!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! There is so much advice around on here, I'm sure you'll feel supported

Comment

welcome!

business owner at 19? wow you are quite ahead of the game!
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012