Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I have recently joined this community, because of course, I'm in a LDR. This isn't the first one, however this is the only time I have ever been actually open/extremely serious about it. You see, my mind is wired somewhat differently, I dont like to be open about relationships or dating, in fact any sort of peer-pressure into it would actually typically backfire and have me back-away from it at least IRL. Online however, has been my social staple for over 7 years (long rather personal backstory) so I actually feel more comofrtable entering a LDR rather then either talking to them a few times then entering a relationship somewhat locally, or going on random dates. Previously I've actually told people I am anti-relationship somewhat as a test to see how they'd react and somewhat so they'd hopefully backoff (unfortunately that backfired somewhat). However aside from being in a LDR, we have one other major issue: becoming independant. Personality wise we work very well together, we're almost exactly alike we have a same/similar dissabillity, we like the same things to the same extremes (with minor variations) as we are total geeks and a somewhat similar family/background. That being the fact both of our parents never actually taught us to be independant, and have been fairly ignorant of our dissabillity because to some extent it's arguably not a dissabillity. What I am in fact talking about is the way our brains are in fact wired differently, we both have asperger syndrome so we both deal and react and understand things differently. Fortunately on my end, I ended up in a situation where I could contact an extended family member for help when I normally didn't so I have lots of services to help me become independant and learn how to deal with all the stress of not having had a job before etc. (I previously only had a online social life and was on computer 24/7 except when sleeping, eating etc.) Unfortunately she however does not have much if any help, her mother is even holding her back and I wish I could be there with her and her with me even if just for morale support as in the past week I have been feeling pretty down, and after she messages me she cheers me right up and gets me back on my feet. So... that's our story up till now. Sorry if that was a bit much, but yeah...

Welcome! I'm new as well. How long have you guys been together? Have you guys met?

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Welcome!

I see your SO is from Australia.. you have good taste
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Hmm, well I guess I may as well introduce myself here too... Hi, I'm Erunivel, and I'm Arthon's SO. ^_^

Arthon showed me this site a while ago, and just got me to join a few days ago. I look forward to having a bit more of a look around.

Well, I'd usually write something to describe/introduce myself a bit more, but I think Arthon's already done a pretty good job of that, since we're both extremely similar. Both geeks, both have aspergers, both think the same way on sooo many topics it's not funny, both struggling to become independent... although he's been lucky enough to be able to get more help than me... which I've had pretty much none. =\

And I guess while I'm here, I'll have a go at answering some of the questions here too (since Arthon's usually unable to get online during the weekends these days)... I hope he doesn't mind (I'm sure he won't xD)...

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
        Welcome! I'm new as well. How long have you guys been together? Have you guys met?
        Well, welcome to you too! We've been together since December. We've never met each other in person, but have known each other online for a few years now. We met on a video game forum (of course, it had to be somewhere geeky xD).

Comment

Welcome to both of you! As you may or may not have seen, there's tons of geeky people/gamers around on here and we're all in the same boat so it's a lot of fun talking to people. And of course it's also really helpful when you're looking for advice! I'm sure you'll like it here

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
            As my SO said, since December, specifically late December. We haven't met and neither of us have a remote clue or idea as to when that will be possible to do our current circumstances. Neither of us have a job, she doesn't have a supporting or understanding family, and I'm only just starting to work on becoming independant through a fairly large support system for emotional therapy as I have not worked a full day in my life, not even a part time job really...which is odd for a 23 year old. As for her...well.....she hasn't really either, both of us have just socialized online for at least 6 years. Neither of us know how to deal with the added stress or time constraints of a regular adult so her mother thinks she can't handle it and isn't willing to teach her to handle it, though I suppose she's not the type to give advice and is in complete denial of her diagnosis. While my SO is older than me, her mother thinks she is too stupid to handle herself, some of it I can now kinda understand but meh...just at this time it seems very, very, very unlikely we will even get to meet but since it's so early I haven't given up...and if I do give up I'll revert back to my whole...relationships are pointless view.

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
            Welcome!

I see your SO is from Australia.. you have good taste
            Well, I'm not complaining considering the accent is similar to that of the UK with me being a bit of a potterhead and a whovian, however I actually do throw boomerangs.

Originally posted by Erunivel View Post
            Hmm, well I guess I may as well introduce myself here too... Hi, I'm Erunivel, and I'm Arthon's SO. ^_^

Arthon showed me this site a while ago, and just got me to join a few days ago. I look forward to having a bit more of a look around.

And I guess while I'm here, I'll have a go at answering some of the questions here too (since Arthon's usually unable to get online during the weekends these days)... I hope he doesn't mind (I'm sure he won't xD)...
            Of course I wouldn't mind, and you did fine

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
            Welcome to both of you! As you may or may not have seen, there's tons of geeky people/gamers around on here and we're all in the same boat so it's a lot of fun talking to people. And of course it's also really helpful when you're looking for advice! I'm sure you'll like it here
            I have not noticed it, though it shouldn't surprise me considering geeks and gamers tend to be very techy.

Comment

Originally posted by Erunivel View Post

Well, I'd usually write something to describe/introduce myself a bit more, but I think Arthon's already done a pretty good job of that, since we're both extremely similar. Both geeks, both have aspergers, both think the same way on sooo many topics it's not funny, both struggling to become independent... although he's been lucky enough to be able to get more help than me... which I've had pretty much none. =\

Well, welcome to you too! We've been together since December. We've never met each other in person, but have known each other online for a few years now. We met on a video game forum (of course, it had to be somewhere geeky xD).
              Ahh! Well welcome to you as well dear. Well if it makes you feel any better I've been with my fiance 2 separate times now. I've known him for a total of almost 4 years & I didn't meet him until 2 1/2 years into knowing him & a little less then that from the time we first dated. I met my fiance through gaming on World of Warcraft. I "worked" under him on the private server we were on as a Game Master. I'm also just now trying to work on gaining some independence by moving in with him. I've never had much help in that department because of the circumstances I've been in for the last few years. Anyway,I hope you enjoy it here and if you need anyone to talk to I'm always around. You can add me and send me a message any time. Enjoy you guys!

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
              Back Together: August 1,2012
              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
              Engaged: January 17,2013
              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Hi to you both and welcome!

I have my own disabilities and so know what it's like to want independence. I don't know how old you both are (and you by no means have to share that with me!) but I am in my 30s and am still trying to find the balance between independence and support that I actually need. You both seem like great people and a great couple! I do hope you get the chance to meet one day soon!

Joey
                Joey & Scott
                Met: April 2002
                Lost Contact: August 2002
                Reconnected: April 2010
                Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X