Hello :) -from California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello :) -from California!

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie! I found myself at this site when I googled "Long Distance Relationship Movies".. there was an ad for the site on one of the websites I clicked on. (BTW, I just stuck to a classic... "The Notebook") anyways, my name is Amanda and I'm 18 years old. I haven't been in a LDR for long, (almost 2 months) but our RELATIONSHIP itself (before officially boyfriend and girlfriend has been long distance and ongoing for almost 4 months). I moved from Washington to California to be closer to him but we're still 2 hours apart. With me being in school full time and him having a full time job Monday-Friday and a part time job Friday-Sunday we don't get to see each other often but something just draws us to each other so we make it work. THANKFULLY, his part time job does allow me to be there sometimes but not every weekend like we'd want. SADLY, our distance may grow a bit bigger very soon. David's passion is sprint cars and he's been offered a full time job to work on them in TEXAS. (Working on Sprint cars is what he does part time). He flies out to Texas this weekend to check it out. I MAY be able to go with him (If he gets the job and has to move) BUT we won't know until he gets there because a lot of the decision making is up to his "future boss". If I can't go I sadly I don't know if the relationship would be worth continuing because what's the point of being with someone that I'll never get to live with or start a family with? But if I do go with him I'd go after I finish this semester of school (end of May) and I'd have to start taking my classes online.We'd be living the carny life traveling all over the east coast in racing season. Which is something I actually enjoy. So I'm hoping and praying I'll get to go because I love this guy and it just so happens I'm starting to love his passion as well. Anyways, that's all I can think of. Feel free to ask any questions or to contact me! I could use someone who understands/ someone to talk too!

Well,I'd like to be one of the first ones to welcome you to LFAD. I've not been here long but I've discovered quickly that this place and the people on it are very supportive and easy to talk to. But I'd also like to say if the distance grows between you two,even if you can't go together if he's really worth it you guys should find a way to stay together regardless. Having a distance between the two of you shouldn't stop the relationship unless you just absolutely by any means can't do it. Just because someone is states away doesn't mean you will never be with them or have a future with them. Besides,if you guys have only known each other for a total of 4 months & been dating only 2 months you're still in the early stages of it and you should try traveling to each other and seeing each other for a while so you can feel each other out some more. I think it's a little early to be trying to make such a big move. Anyway,I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and if you need to talk to anyone I'm sure you can just message them and most of them will be willing to help,even me.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Greetings from a fellow Californian!
      I agree with the above poster...if you really want your relationship to work, then going the distance will definitely be worth it! I wouldn't give up just yet until you were absolutely sure it isn't for you.
      Wishing you all the best!

Comment

Welcome!! Funny because I was from California and actually moved to Washington! lol I miss Cali though, it was great though. But I agree with LadyDaemon and Emsimes. Try and stick in there and really take it for a ride! It might be better than you expect. Your love tends to grow a lot stronger when you're far away.
        "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012