hey everyone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everyone :)

Hi everyone ! My name is Steph and I'm from Germany.
    I'm very pleased to meet you all
    Just came across this forum today and it's just what I've been looking for !

My boyfriend lives in Ghana, West Africa. Yes, i had to pick a difficult one cos LDRs aren't already difficult anyway haha
    We met when I was volunteering in Ghana as a primary school teacher after having graduated. After about a week of knowing each other he told me that he liked me and I wasn't quite sure what to say or what to think of it. I liked him too but wasn't sure if he was being honest.
    After a few weeks I decided to give it a chance but just about 6 weeks later, I had to go back to Germany. I wasn't sure what to do about the relationship but because I liked him so much I thought I'd wait and see what would happen when I was away. We spent 8 months apart before I went back again. In these 8 months we texted each other everyday and occasionally talked on the phone or on skype. My phone bills were crazy high but we got to know each other a lot better and feel in love. We've been together for 13 months now.
    I'll be visiting him again very soon (18 days to go) and I can't wait

Am looking forward to reading all of your lovely stories and advice !

Welcome! c: I'm sure you'll feel at home here
    You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Hallo Steph, herzlich willkommen!

My SO is in and comes from Germany :-) I wish I was seeing him in 18 days, like you with your SO. But there are still 3+ months until I see mine again.
      May I ask where in Germany do you live?

Comment

welcome to LFAD
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Schlafmütze View Post
          Hallo Steph, herzlich willkommen!

My SO is in and comes from Germany :-) I wish I was seeing him in 18 days, like you with your SO. But there are still 3+ months until I see mine again.
          May I ask where in Germany do you live?
          Oh, dankeschön !
          I live in Bavaria in a smaller town. About an hour away from Munich. Where about in Germany is your SO ? Will you be coming here or will he be flying out to you ?

and thanks for the nice welcome, Mellow and Jazi

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy your time here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
              Welcome! Enjoy your time here.
              Thank you. I believe I will. It's nice getting to know other people that are going through the same things and understand what it's like

Comment

Welcome to LFAD...

Comment

Hi Steph and welcome to LFAD
                  Joey & Scott
                  Met: April 2002
                  Lost Contact: August 2002
                  Reconnected: April 2010
                  Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome!
                    One of my friends married a guy from Ghana last year and I know some of the stuff they had to go through just to meet, so I know what you mean when you say that you picked a difficult long distance relationship. It's not that easy for people from Ghana to come and visit people in the EU.
                    I wish you all the best and I also wish you a nice trip to visit your SO. Have fun! ^^

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome and hope these 18 days go quickly for you

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
                          Welcome!
                          One of my friends married a guy from Ghana last year and I know some of the stuff they had to go through just to meet, so I know what you mean when you say that you picked a difficult long distance relationship. It's not that easy for people from Ghana to come and visit people in the EU.
                          I wish you all the best and I also wish you a nice trip to visit your SO. Have fun! ^^
                          Thank you !
                          Oh you're absolutely right. It's a nightmare. We're only lucky that it's quite easy for me to get a visa for Ghana. The other way around seems pretty much impossible. I'm glad it worked out for your friend in the end.
                          Thanks a lot ! I wish you all the best too Will you be going to Japan anytime soon or will your SO be coming to you ? wow, that's quite a trip !

And thank you for the lovely welcome SeeRat, JoeyBug, MissButterfly and dukes2011

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
                            Thank you !
                            Oh you're absolutely right. It's a nightmare. We're only lucky that it's quite easy for me to get a visa for Ghana. The other way around seems pretty much impossible. I'm glad it worked out for your friend in the end.
                            Thanks a lot ! I wish you all the best too Will you be going to Japan anytime soon or will your SO be coming to you ? wow, that's quite a trip !

And thank you for the lovely welcome SeeRat, JoeyBug, MissButterfly and dukes2011
                            Hehe, not really sure it has worked out for my friend, yet. They're still long distance, since she's studying here in Denmark and her husband can't get a resident visa. Last time I talked to her, she said they were planning on living in Sweden, since they have easier immigration laws than Denmark. But yes, it seems like a nightmare for a person from Ghana to visit Europe. Before they married it seemed like they turned him down several times at the immigration office in Ghana.

This time my SO will come to Denmark. Even though I also do go to Japan quite often (sometimes 2-4 times a year). My SO has longer vacations than I do, so he mostly comes to Denmark instead (pretty much every second month) XD

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
                              Hehe, not really sure it has worked out for my friend, yet. They're still long distance, since she's studying here in Denmark and her husband can't get a resident visa. Last time I talked to her, she said they were planning on living in Sweden, since they have easier immigration laws than Denmark. But yes, it seems like a nightmare for a person from Ghana to visit Europe. Before they married it seemed like they turned him down several times at the immigration office in Ghana.

This time my SO will come to Denmark. Even though I also do go to Japan quite often (sometimes 2-4 times a year). My SO has longer vacations than I do, so he mostly comes to Denmark instead (pretty much every second month) XD
                              Ohno ! So they're still having problems even though they're married ? That's horrible !
                              We've not been to the immigration office yet, but we were planning to go together when I get there. Now I know I'll have to put my tough-face on haha. The immigration office is just a pain..
                              In that case, I hope that they can be together very soon.

Wow, that's great ! You're so lucky that even though you're so far apart, you still get to see each other quite often. Especially both ways !
                              Have a great time together

Comment

Working...
                              X