Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A German Who Enjoys Planning

Hi everyone,

I'm Katie, 20, German, med student, spent an exchange year in Florida, USA in 2008/09. That's where I met J., my then-best friend's older brother. We're not in an actual LDR (yet?), but I'm flying over there in August with the intention of seeing my host family and friends again and... going on a date with him. We've stayed in touch, messaging each other sporadically after I left the States in June '09, but we've started talking online more and more over the past year and a half. At some point, the topic of dating and relationships came up, and he mentioned he'd totally take me on a date if I were there. It was kind of a joke first, but now, it's gotten quite serious. Yesterday, I booked my flight.
    So -- we'll start Skyping once a week or so from now on until I go to the US. We'll see what happens then, but I'm already freaking myself out with everything that could go wrong/right. Any advice?
    first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
    second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Hallo!

Welcome!

First, don't overthink and don't think what can go wrong or right until the time comes. I'm guilty as charged on this matter, but so far things are pretty new, right? Wait until you see how the skype meetings will be
    I wish you all the luck and best wishes!

Grüße!

Jess

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Looking forward to hear how the date goes
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012