Heyy there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heyy there

Hey guys, my name is Erin and I am in a relationship that just became long distance.

My boyfriends name is Gavin and we originally met in a chemistry class at our previous community college. I added him on facebook but nothing really came of it. Later that year he moved 2 hours away to transfer to a university and last minute I ended up transferring to the same university. I thought about messaging him on fb to see if he wanted to hang but we had barely talked before so that would have been a little awkward. We were both downtown walking around applying for jobs and ran into each other and have pretty much been inseparable ever since. Before we were officially dating, I needed to find a place to live for the year and didn't know anybody else that lived there so I had to find somewhere that did individual leases. He told me about how where he was living leased individual rooms out and I contacted the landlord to rent a room in a house next door to his. The landlord made a mistake and we ended up living in the same house! After a semester of that, we subleased out my room and lived in his tiny room for the next semester. He is 21 and I am 20 and we plan on getting engaged within the next year. We both graduate next may and we are looking forward to moving somewhere new next summer where he will continue schooling in a Ph.D program.

He left for a summer internship in Nebraska for the summer. It's only 2 and a half months so it could be worse, but it's still really hard. I get to go see him halfway through which I am totally looking forward to. It's just difficult to go from living together to being across the country. It doesn't help that his phone doesn't get service there so we are just limited to skype when he gets back to his dorm. I'm trying to stay strong though!

Firstly,I'd like to welcome you to LFAD.

It's going to be hard for a while but believe me it does get better with time. Just keep contacting each other as much as possible in as many ways as are available to you. Trust him and communicate with him. Two main important factors for a successful LDR. If you need any advice just post a message here on the boards and you'll get what you need most times. People here are pretty awesome.

It's cool you live in Arizona,I'm actually moving out there in 10 days to close the distance with my fiance. Good luck!

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome on board, Erin!

Comment

Welcome to the Monkey House.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X