• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Australia

So I joined awhile ago and everything turned into a huge mess shortly after
    But we have pulled through the other side stronger than ever
    So its time to say hello

So my name is Claire-Louise (Claire for short) and his name is Ben.
    We have been together for 23 months

We met in the worst way possible... I was face down on the road passed out with Alcohol poisoning (half a bottle of Jack still in my hand and half my clothes missing) he recognised me as someone from high school so he picked me up and carried me to the police station where they called me an ambulance ... after I got out of the hospital I tracked him down and thanked him for saving me but told him that he should have left me there... I was in a really bad place after breaking up with the guy I thought was the love of my life (we had been together for 4 years).

For some reason Ben sat with me talked through my situation and helped me beat my alcohol addiction and got me back on the rails and chasing my dreams again. I can honestly say that without him I would be dead.. I would have either been hit by a car or the next time I went on a binge could have been the last...

So we didn't have the best start but it showed us that if we can pull though from where we were to where we are now we can do ANYTHING!!

In January Ben moved away for work and I started slipping back into old habits... He stayed for the minimum amount of time and came home to sort me out and put me back in a good place.. A job he couldn't pass on came up two weeks ago and so he left again yesterday. I have promised him that I'm going to stay away from alcohol and keep focused on my studies...

so that's our story so far, its been a rocky two years but I wouldn't want to take this journey with anyone else

wow, rough start, he must be an amazing guy to pull you through that/want to be with someone in such a dark place at the beginning.

I also see that you're another aussie, Welcome !
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Hey thanks,
      Yeah wasn't the best way to start out but I'm so thankful now that he did help me out on the dreadful night, I still look at him and think what the hell are you still doing here I have given him so many reasons to just walk away but he hasn't

Fingers crossed I can hold it together this time I do feel stronger than I did earlier in the year so I think I have this covered

Aussie Pride !! haha

Comment

STAY STRONG! There are loads of lovely people on this site (well hello there;D) that are willing to listen to you when you're down. <3
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Thanks yeah my hope was to meet some people who could relate to the lonely feelings - none of my friends have any idea as much as they try I think would be nice to hear from some one in a similar situation
          Yay for making new friends haha

Comment

Welcome mate! It's good to see another Aussie on here.

Enjoy your time here, we're all here if you need to talk!

Comment

Thanks,

Wow I didn't realise there were many other aussies

Im actually looking forward to this new adventure

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story - welcome from a fellow Aussie
                ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Working...
                X