Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey hey

Hello

I joined about two weeks ago because I too am in an LDR (I bet you didn't see that comin', did ya?!) and thought there might be some posts here that might apply to my situation or could give me some general insight as to the way others have dealt with 'this or that' or anything else that is LDR related.

A little about us: My girlfriend is 34 and I am 47. She is on the East coast and I live on the West coast. Both of us have been in LDRs before and even though we had told ourselves, "never again", here we are almost 2 yrs. later and still going strong. While she is worth every bit of heartache that our being almost 3,000 miles apart has brought me, I can't say that I would wish an LDR on anyone. It is one of the loneliest ways there is to exist. Not live, exist. To be in love and unable to spend each day in each others physical presence is both physically and mentally agonizing. We text, call, and cam as much as possible, but it's never enough. Neither one of us ever dreamed that two years later we would still be in separate states, yet that is exactly where we're at.

Ok, that's enough about me/us. I'm going to have a look around the site. Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself... see ya around!

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome! This is a great place! Hope you enjoy it here.
            February 2012 -- met online
            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
            April 2013 -- met in person
            June 2013 -- broke up
            July 2013 -- back together
            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Have you considered changing your perspective a little regarding LD? If you could, it would make you happier. Sometimes, when you're a bit older, closing the distance just isn't possible for a long time, too many responsibilities to deal with. My guy and I are both in our 40's, and international, and we've been at it for 4 years. We're happy though, since life with each other is infinitely better than life apart, even if there's a big ol' stupid ocean in the middle. We live, we definitely don't just exist
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!
                Made it official: 12-01-10
                First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Thank you, all of you, for the welcome

Moon, I normally do try to have a better view of our situation. I guess typing out the intro just had me thinking a bit too much. Thank you for your input, it is sage advice

Comment

Working...
                  X