Hello all! =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all! =]

Hi everyone! I'm new to LFAD and want to share a bit about my story. My bf and I have been together for 2.5 years. We met in college through mutual friends/classes. After we graduated from college we both moved back to our respective homes, about 3 hours away from each other, to start our job searches. Even though this was a LDR, I never really thought of it that way since we were fortunate enough to be able to see each other most weekends. Now he has accepted a job 1400 miles away and leaves in 10 days. I'm really excited about the opportunity for him and us, as I hope to follow him in a few years, but am still trying to adjust to the idea of not being to just drive to his house.

Yeah, that's my story. I'm really looking forward to browsing the forums, looking for ideas, and chatting with everyone!

Welcome to LFAD!
    First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
        "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
        "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
        "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome to the family ^_^

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I know it's tough going from seeing them fairly frequently to having such a distance put between you, but remember there's a difference between physical distance and emotional distance. This might be a good tip for you, whenever I feel upset or lonely, I close my eyes and imagine him either holding my hand or putting his arms around me. Most times you're able to feel a rather light weight and warmth if you focus enough and I always feel like for just a brief moment I was able to bridge the gap by just thinking about him. It makes me feel a little better and I think will work for you since you actually know how it feels for him to do those things.

But don't worry, you two will get through it and look back on the distance and know it was worth it because when you work hard and don't give up, it makes your love for them stronger.

Comment

My SO moved away from me too It's hard, but you can do it!
              Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome

Comment

♥Now on we go♥
                  ♥To where no one knows♥
                  ♥But I know, that I love you even more♥
                  ♥Tears we cry♥
                  ♥Asking myself why♥
                  ♥Did I let the only one that I love go♥
                  ♥You were meant for me♥
                  ♥Darling can't you see♥
                  ♥This is your song♥
                  Your song (For you) By Glenn Lewis

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol
                  (I know it's cheesy, just bare with the siggy XP)

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome! You have come to the right place...lots of support and people who DO understand!
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome, you will find a lot of inspiration here. Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                        X