Re-Introductions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Introductions!

Hi everyone!! I'm Remy. I was a member here back in yeesh...2010?!

I got an email today saying y'all missed me so I decided to come back because hey, a lot's changed since then!!

My name: Remy
    Her name: Rin
    I live: Bayville, NJ
    She lives: Bronx, NY
    My age: 25
    Her age: 23
    Distance: 90 miles
    Together since: 6/11/12

How we met:

I (Sara) met her (Rin) in 2011 at AnimeNEXT, I was in plain clothes, sitting outside the GSEC and she happens to pass me in her Fang cosplay and I absolutely died. She was perfect. (LADYBONER MOMENT, OKAY. I’M NOT SORRY.)

At the time we were dating other people. Time went on and eventually she broke up with her boyfriend because they just weren’t working out. Her and I would talk every once in awhile, but not often.

Fast forwarding to May of 2012 and she sends me a message on Facebook that she was ‘absolutely hyped’ to see me again at the con the following month. From then on, we talked every day until we saw each other at the convention and it just hit me like a ton of bricks that I had feelings for this girl.
    We spent most of the convention together just hanging out. But the problem was, I was still attached to someone else. It was a very difficult decision to make, try to stick out an uncertain relationship with someone on the other side of the world where it wasn’t known when I’d actually see them in person or date a lot closer to home? The breakup between me and my former partner didn’t go without mess. I tried my best to keep it civil and explained what had happened but it still did not go over well and I can totally understand that. I wasn’t about to cheat so I was totally honest about my feelings for Rin.

In the end, you live and learn. Gotta take the bad with the good and all that stuff. I’m only human, I make mistakes, but I certainly cannot control whom I fall in love with.

I have a LDR 'blog'/virtual scrapbook I'm working on to show her on our second anniversary next summer. Feel free to check it out and follow along if you'd like.

Nice to meet you! That's a really neat story of how ya'll met, I've never been to a convention. I've always wanted to though. I'm also reintroducing myself today
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Originally posted by ushiwakafox View Post
      Nice to meet you! That's a really neat story of how ya'll met, I've never been to a convention. I've always wanted to though. I'm also reintroducing myself today
      Yay for re-intros!!

Nice to meet you too~! Conventions are really, really fun! I've been going to the one I met my GF at since 2008.

Comment

wow that's a long time! I'm determined to go to one some day. My SO will be in Japan for two years so maybe we can go to a real deal one when I visit! I'll probably not dress up or anything but I would really love to do that. It just seems like it would cost a lot.
        sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Originally posted by ushiwakafox View Post
          wow that's a long time! I'm determined to go to one some day. My SO will be in Japan for two years so maybe we can go to a real deal one when I visit! I'll probably not dress up or anything but I would really love to do that. It just seems like it would cost a lot.
          Hehe, you don't have to dress up, it's completely optional! In fact I didn't start dressing up until 2011, funnily enough~

Comment

Welcome.. Again
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
              Welcome.. Again
              Hehe. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Remy View Post
                Hehe, you don't have to dress up, it's completely optional! In fact I didn't start dressing up until 2011, funnily enough~
                I figured you don't have to dress up, it's just something I would like to do someday. I'll probably do what you did and start out not dressing up.
                sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...