New to LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LDR

Me and James started talking in March this year, it started off as friends, we then didn't speak for a while. A few weeks later, we began speaking again and we have everyday since. I knew that James had feelings for me, but I was finding it hard to understand if I had feelings for him. About a month ago, whilst on holiday I realised that I did have feelings for him, I was constantly thinking about him and I wanted to be around him. When I got back, I told him that I had feelings for him. We have only been together officially for a few weeks, its not that long, but we have known each other for months. We always talk about the future, and we hope to meet very soon.

We originally met on a teen chat website, my mum knows how we met and that we are together. However, I am scared about telling other people e.g. my dad, and other members of my family that I have a boyfriend, and that we met online. I was just wondering how other people told their family that they met their girlfriend/boyfriend online. I am only 16 and it seems like a big thing to be doing at my age, and I don't want people to judge me for it.

Thank you

Welcome

My SO is from Nottinghamshire too.

I think you just gotta take the plunge and have a conversation with them - especially if you're planning to meet your SO, leeds isn't that far by train
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Me and James are planning to meet sometime next week. I mentioned this to my mum a few weeks ago to pre warn her. I brought it up again today, as James can definitely come and see me. And my mum says that she isn't really happy about me meeting him at all, because you have to be so careful now a days. It upsets me, because she knows what I have been through, and now James has come a long I am so happy. The whole situation is hard, because me and James really want to see each other, being apart is putting a huge strain on our relationship, and now I dont think my mum will let me meet him at all. What do I do?

Comment

Hi Laura Welcome to the site. I think your "relationship began" date is wrong (9/7/13) unless you plan on starting it in the future, lol

Comment

Welcome to the community (: I can understand why your mum would be hesitant about you meeting him especially at such a young age. If you're just a train ride away from each other she could accompany you when you meet him. Once you've formally introduced her to him hopefully she should feel more relaxed and let you two do your own thing.
          “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I think that once she has met him as well, and she likes him, things will be much easier My family loves my SO and they have never made it a problem that I had only briefly seen him once in real life. Of course my mom was a bit scared, I think all moms are a bit protective in that sense... But once she can attach a face to his name she'll think of him more like a real person and it probably wont be too bad! At least, I hope that's how it'll go for you Have fun meeting him and good luck!

Comment

Thank you for the advice

Comment

Working...
              X