Thought I'd say hello :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd say hello :)

Hi all, so I'm still pretty new here so I thought I'd finally post something. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost four years now- we met at our freshmen orientation for college and started dating two weeks into our first semester. About six months into dating he joined the army. For the past three summers we've had to be apart at least for part of the time. The first summer when he was in basic training I went to africa and couldn't write him but he wrote me letters everyday- sending them to my parents house. We've had our ups and downs but right now I think we're stronger than ever. He graduated college in May but I decided to take an extra year to finish up.

Now he's at the basic officer leadership course in the midwest and still doesn't know his first posting which is a bit fustrating but we're getting through it. He has asked me to move to be with him when I finish school but with all the uncertainty about where he'll be posted, what I want to do when I graduate (take some time off from school, work for a few months than go back or go straight to graduate school), my parents want me to come stay with them for a while (they live in England)- plus they have my dog who I love like my child and miss terribly and I can't just be little miss army housewife and be happy. He know's all of this and we have time to figure it all out but want to make compromises for me (like not living close to post but closer to a bigger city so I have opportunities). But only time will clear up many of these scary unknowns.

I have plans to visit him at least once a month but where he is located is very difficult to actually get to- middle of no where hahaha! But he called me up the other night all serious telling me he lied about what he was doing for 4th of July. I was very upset but he wouldn't tell me about what. Finally he said he's COMING HOME!!! He got leave for four days to come home!!! He wanted to totally surprise me at the fireworks but due to my crazy work schedule (I work at a zoo) needed to work with me to figure out my plans. So a bit long winded but that's the summary of our relationship.

Welcome to LFAD !

Which country did you visit in Africa, if you don't mind me asking ?

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome!
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011