Hi! Here's my story :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Here's my story :D

I met my boyfriend in 2003 when we were in high school (but we went to different schools) in the USA. When I was 18 I had to move to the UK. After 1 year of long distance we went our separate ways (2006). It was mutual and we were together for a total of 2 years 9 months at that point.
    We kept in touch, small talk etc and then it trickled down to nothing at all for months on end.

Then September, 2011 (5 YEARS LATER!!) there was a storm in his area and I emailed him asking him if he and his family were okay and he said they were. At the bottom of the email said he said "Just to let you know, I still think about you. Maybe in the future we could make something happen"

Things kinda blew up from there. We talked everyday (thank god for whats app!) I flew to see him in April 2012 and then October 2012. That same October I moved to Barbados and he came to see me in February 2013 and June 2013 and I'm due to see him again in September in the USA.

We have talked about marriage and kids. I don't know when it will happen but hopefully by the end of this year he will put a ring on it. (uh oh oh) lol
    I really hope that things work out. The distance is hard and the flights ain't cheap! There are some days I just need a hug you know?!

I'm so glad I found this forum
    Last edited by babyphace05; July 9, 2013, 07:48 PM.

Welcome
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Howdy!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Awww! I really hope things work out for you and you get the ring put on it. *hip fling* LOL

Welcome to LFAD!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
            X