Hello from a newbie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from a newbie :)

Hi everybody, I'm Isabella, from Denmark in Northern Europe.
    I've been in a LDR for almost 5 months. My boyfriend went back to Japan about two weeks ago and like always I've let loneliness and self pity get to me, that's why I decided to search for communities like this one. A place where people are in the same situation as me. A place to share both the beautiful and the painful aspects of LDR. I hope to meet a lot people here.

My story:
    I love Japan and have been there a lot of times. (also speak some Japanese, which is good since my bf doesn't know English) So after graduating from High school, I decided to travel around in Japan.
    I stay with Japanese families on my travels. The first stay was with an elderly couple. That's where I met their 30 year old son who was home on vacation. First I thought I had no chance, because of our age difference (I'm 20). So we spend 2 weeks flirting.

I never thought it would become a LDR, but I realized I had strong feelings for him. We met up twice later on, different places in Japan and he bought tickets to Denmark. Then he went to Japan for work. (He works 5 weeks on a ship and then has 5 weeks off). Then he was here in July.
    He has decided to always come to Denmark in his weeks off. (even though that means paying 2000 USD 5 times a year) But this time he can't come before November, where we have also decided to become engaged.

Sorry this got too long XD

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the family my dear. ^_^

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
          "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
          "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
          "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome. People here are wonderful and very understanding of all sorts of issues LDRs face.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! =]

Comment

Thank you everybody for the nice welcome

Comment

Everyone here can give you the support and advice you need. Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome on here! Lovely story

Comment

♥Now on we go♥
                      ♥To where no one knows♥
                      ♥But I know, that I love you even more♥
                      ♥Tears we cry♥
                      ♥Asking myself why♥
                      ♥Did I let the only one that I love go♥
                      ♥You were meant for me♥
                      ♥Darling can't you see♥
                      ♥This is your song♥
                      Your song (For you) By Glenn Lewis

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol
                      (I know it's cheesy, just bare with the siggy XP)

Comment

Welcome!
                        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to Loving From a Distance! Glad to have you join us here!!

Comment

What a cute and fun story! That is awesome that you get to see eachother so often. The age difference shouldn't matter. me and my bf also have a 10 year age difference. I hope you find what you need on this site. Welcome

Comment

Working...
                            X