Hello from Norway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Norway.

This is somewhat intimidating but I didn't join this community to be a lurker, so here goes:

I'm a 43 year old mother of 3 (2 of them live with me) from Norway who's been through a lot in my adult life. Two serious relationships (married in one and engaged to get married in the 2nd) that both crashed and burned in the most horrible ways. It was enough to make me feel like I didn't want to even try again because of all the heartache involved, so I've been single for 7 years. Well, "single"...

Love always happens when you least expect it to, doesn't it? It sure did for me, at least. I've known my SO for 4 years now - we met in an online game (yes, I'm a gaming mom!), and after a couple of years my feelings towards him started to change although I didn't really know it at the time. It took me another year to realize and admit to myself that my feelings for him weren't of the "friends only" kind, and I felt like an idiot. Why? Because I've never thought much of online relationships, especially through an online game, and I felt stupid. It took a while for me to accept that I was in love with someone I'd never met, and I was struggling with jealousy too. But I eventually reached a point where there was no denying it any further, and somehow I found the courage to tell him.

It's now been a little over one year since I told him. He loves me, and I love him. I can't believe my luck! He's everything I could possibly ask for in a man, he soothes my soul (which was so hurt and broken after my two failed relationships), he understands me like no other man has ever done before, he reassures me and comforts me and simply sweeps me off my feet with his personality.

But of course, my life was apparently never meant to be easy. We're 4200 miles apart - he's in Canada and I'm in Norway. And not only that, but there's also a significant age gap the "wrong" way, i.e. I'm older than him. We're facing a lot of obstacles for us to overcome to make our dream come true, which is for me to move there and for us to get married. Sometimes I think it's too much for us to overcome and that this dream will probably never come true. But I can't give him up, I won't give him up because I love him so much.

Wish me luck everybody!

Welcome to LFAD I really hope everything works out for you two !
    Have you met or are you planning to meet ?

Comment

Thank you! No, we haven't met yet, and the reason is money - or the lack of, rather. Hopefully though, it'll happen within the next few months - I long for the moment when I can hug him and hold him and tell him face to face how much I love him. And I know he feels the same way. It's funny how just talking about him makes my heart feel like it's about to explode into a billion tiny bits of love and happiness...

Comment

Good luck...
        And welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!! And good luck to you! ♣

~

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the community! My uncle lives in Norway, I hear its a beautiful place (:
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Hej, och välkommen till LFAD! Nice to see another Scandinavian around here, we aren't that many

Met online: February 2011
                Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Takk skal du ha! - Thank you everybody, and yes Norway is beautiful (right now it's very hot and my viking blood dislikes this, lol), I don't mind moving from here to Canada though. Too many bad memories... I want to get away and I want to be with my SO, so that'll be two birds with one stone.

Comment

I'm a little late on the welcome wagon.. but welcome non-the-less!

Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Wow , im so curious did you move to Canada from Norway ? Id love to know as im an older woman thinking of relocating partime to Australia . So id love to hear how its is . Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X